June 10, 2011 at 5:53 pm #132648
Position and Duties
The Retirement Services Department is seeking to hire a Retirement Investment Officer to manage the investments of the City's two Retirement Plans totaling approximately $4 billion in assets. The Investment Officer will report to the Chief Investment Officer (Deputy Director) and will be responsible for:
-Asset allocation: guide the investment consultants in performing the asset liability studies
-Review and recommend changes to the Pension Plan Investment Structure: Calculate risk budgeting analytics for risk decomposition and performance attribution
-Suggest a framework for our alternative investment program
-Provide guidance regarding the selection and monitoring of investment managers
-Review of Investment Policy
-Education: Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university in finance, financial engineering, mathematics, economics, actuarial science or a related field.
-Experience: Five years of related work experience in a defined benefit retirement fund, investment consulting, investment management or pension consulting.
- License/Certificates: Possession of one of the following certifications is required:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Certification; or
- Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA) Certification; or
- Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst (CERA) Certification; or
- Fellow or Associate of the Society of Actuaries (FSA or ASA).
To learn more about this opening, visit https://cityjobs.sanjoseca.gov/psc/prod/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.