May 18, 2011 at 3:29 pm #130827
Job Title: INTERDISCIPLINARY SOCIAL WORKER/PSYCHOLOGIST
Department: Department Of The Navy
Agency: Commander, Navy Installations, Naval Operations
Job Announcement Number: NW1-01XX-02-K1023721-DE
SALARY RANGE: $40,695.00 – $93,175.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, May 13, 2011 to Monday, May 23, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: YA-0185-02
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 02
DUTY LOCATIONS: 4 vacancies – Bethesda, MD
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
The Navy and Marine Corps team offers innovative, exciting and meaningful work linking military and civilian talents to achieve our mission and safeguard our freedoms. Department of the Navy provides competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, and extensive professional development and training. From pipefitters to accountants, scientists to engineers, doctors to nurses-the careers and opportunities to make a difference are endless. Civilian careers-where purpose and patriotism unite!
This position is located at the National Naval Medical Center (NNMC) and Naval District Washington (NDW), Bethesda, MD.
This position is that of a fully credentialed clinical counselor located within the Counseling and Advocacy Program (CAP) at the Fleet and Family Support Center (FFSC).
* U.S. citizenship required.
* Relocation expenses NOT authorized.
The primary purpose of the position is to provide direct service in the form of counseling individuals, couples, families, and groups on matters pertaining to family dynamics, parent-child interaction, couples communication, stress reduction, adjustment to military lifestyles, Family Advocacy Program (FAP) case management, treatment services and psycho-educational training programs.
This position requires knowledge of intensive psychological services and a wide range of skills (casework, group work, individual, crisis response and family therapy. Cases may involve multiple difficult and complex family problems including dual diagnoses, violence and impulsivity, and a variety of other mental health problems.
Other Duties Assigned:
- Provides short term, solution focused psychological counseling for individuals, couples, and families, and groups of people in crisis.
- Initiates, develop, and facilitate group treatment programs to address the needs of families, such as marital groups, and child and adolescent groups.
- Maintains case records, treatment plans and statistics in accordance with policies and regulations.
- Demonstrates effective independent clinical assessment skills by identifying crisis situations. Provides crisis intervention and safety planning as required.
- Performs Family Advocacy Case Management duties, which includes receiving initial reports of suspected child and spouse abuse.
- Provides safety planning, case management, treatment, and education services related to child abuse and spouse abuse.
- Serves as designated case manager and primary point of contact for spouse and child abuse cases.
- Participates in community liaison meetings to establish or strengthen relationships.
- Educates and provides case specific consultation to various agencies about counseling services.
This is an interdisciplinary position and may be filled as either of the following:
GS-0185 Social Worker
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=99322379&JobTitle=INTERDISCIPLINARY+SOCIAL+WORKER%2fPSYCHOLOGIST&aid=96272894-17511&wt.mc_n=125&jbf785=9&re=3&tm=7&pg=5&AVSDM=2011-05-13+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.