June 23, 2011 at 3:29 pm #133765
Title: Staff Accountant
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN SMALL, FAST GROWING FEDERAL CONTRACTOR.This position reports to the CFO and is responsible for hands-on accounting duties. It is a newly created job in a growing company.
• Maintain the company’s system of accounts and keep books and records on all company transactions and assets in compliance with GAAP while ensuring control over company assets
• Performs financial and accounting functions including payroll and oversight of accounts receivable, accounts payable, and expenses.
• Handles monthly close activities including all account reconciliations
• Develop, analyze and interpret accounting information to measure operating results in terms of profitability, project performance, performance against budget and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the Company
• Prepare, assist or coordinate the development and preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institute and maintain other planning and control procedures and analyze and report variances
• Provide financial reporting, forecast and analysis for managers and work with managers to maximize earnings and reach budget forecasts
• Prepare customer bills on time, accurately and in compliance with customer specifications and other applicable requirements
• Assist with, tax schedule preparation and compliance with all federal, state and local taxing authorities with outside tax preparer.
• Assist with the coordination of work with external resources including outside accounting firm, tax preparer, banks, government agencies, etc and provide all reporting, documentation and schedules required
• 5-7 years of experience in performing business and/or accounting management tasks for commercial / government organizations
• Government accounting and experience is required
• BA / BS Degree
• CPA or CPA candidate (a plus)
• Must be detail oriented
• Must possess excellent MS Excel skills and proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
• Experience with Deltek GCS, Impromptu and ADP Payroll highly desirable.
• Strong Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and attention to details
Please send resume to [email protected] to apply
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.