June 8, 2011 at 3:54 pm #132321
Under the supervision of the Personnel Officer, the Staff Assistant will be responsible for preparing, processing and entering materials and information pertaining to all personnel functions. Prepare statistical reports; prepare and maintain attendance calendars; hiring; terminations; workers comp; retirement; postings; and various employment verifications, etc. Act as liaison between Central Office, sites, and the Office of Human Resources. Attend and conduct meetings and trainings. Respond to general inquiries. Prepares office correspondence, schedule interviews, create and maintain filing system. Provide department phone coverage and direct patrons, answer telephones. Order office supplies. Assist with payroll preparation and distribution. Perform other related duties are required.
- At least two (2) years experience in related field required. Appropriate education may be substituted for the required experience on a prorated basis.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access required.
- Good verbal and written skills.
- Ability to type 30 wpm.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Ability to follow procedures and work within deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
- Mass Driver's License preferred.
C.O.R.I./SO.R.I. checks required.
Boston Residency Required
To learn more about this opening, visit https://recruit.cityofboston.gov:8443/psp/prdcg/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_HM_PRE&Action=A&SiteId=1
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.