August 4, 2011 at 1:46 pm #137330
Under the direction of the Public Works Director and/or City Manager, oversees daily operations of the Streets Division of Public Works Department which includes maintenance of City equipment. Supervises all street and shop personnel. Ensures operational capabilities of heavy equipment necessary for summer and winter street maintenance of both paved and graveled streets. Ensures proper maintenance of municipal streets and equipment.
1. Minimum 5 years' experience in street and equipment maintenance required. Post-Secondary education and/or training may be substituted for experience on a year for year equivalent.
2. Five years management and supervisory experience, preferably in road maintenance, required.
3. High School graduate or G.E.D. required.
4. Working knowledge of heavy equipment maintenance and repair.
5. Heavy Equipment Operator's Certificate preferred.
6. Knowledge and skill in paving and chip sealing operations highly desired.
7. Possession of a valid Alaska Class B CDL required within 60 days of hire.
8. Knowledge of operation of street maintenance equipment, hand tools and power tools in a safe and proper manner.
9. Ability to understand and follow both written and oral instructions. Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
10. Ability to respond politely to inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the community.
11. Able to develop and implement work plans in an effective, cost effective and timely manner.
12. Physical capabilities required to lift, pull, transport, and handle equipment and materials, climb ladders and work in all weather conditions.
13. Ability to conduct independent research utilizing written and oral resources.
14. Ability to work with minimum supervision, handling multiple tasks; establishing priorities and schedules and meeting deadlines.
15. Ability to maintain accurate and organized records.
16. Ability to operate computers, software, and electronic office devices as necessary.
17. Ability to organize and prioritize workload; ability to meet deadlines.
18. Ability to keep shop and office organized in a manner that promotes a safe workplace.
19. While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear; stand; sit; use hands to handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally required to wear safety helmet and safety glasses, or other safety apparel.
20. Must be willing, able and available for night and/or weekend work as necessary.
To learn more about this opening, visit http://careers.govtjobs.com/c/job.cfm?vnet=0&site_id=9366&t731=202969&jb=8415056
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.