February 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm #122192
Job Title: Supervisory Human Resources Specialist GS-201-15 (MPP)
Department: Department Of Education
Agency: Office of Management
Sub Agency: Department of Education
Job Announcement Number: OM-2011-0014
$123,758.00 – $155,500.00 /year
Friday, January 21, 2011 to Friday, February 11, 2011
SERIES & GRADE:
1 vacancy – Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
This announcement is open government-wide to status candidates.
Status refers to current Federal employees serving under a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement rights; CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, and applicants eligible under special authorities.
Join our Team! The U.S. Department of Education (ED) is looking for the best and brightest to ensure equal access to education and to promote educational excellence throughout the nation.
This position is located in Executive Resources, Human Capital and Client Services (HCCS), Office of Management, U.S. Department of Education (ED).
- You Must Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Relocation Expenses will not be paid.
Additional Duty Location Info:1 vacancy – Washington DC Metro Area, DCMajor duties for this position include:
* Serves as an agency expert in one or more phases of human resources (HR) program management.
* This position will provide authoritative management advisory services and technical assistance for the Executive Resources Program.
* Develops and implements policies which become the authoritative basis for the functioning of the executive personnel system for the Department.
* Supervises a staff of HR Specialists to conduct complex studies and projects in HR management functions relating to senior executives, Schedule C employees, experts, consultants, and
Intergovernmental Personnel Act Assignments.
* Develops, modifies, and maintains Senior Executive Service (SES) office programs, and projects. This position is also responsible for the recruitment of SES positions and placement of political appointees and requires frequent interactions with senior leadership.
Qualifications and Evaluations
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Applicants are expected to possess the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) listed below to qualify for this position. These KSAs are addressed in the self-assessment questionnaire
that you will complete for this announcement.
You do not need to respond separately to the KSAs listed below. Your answers to the on-line experience questions will serve as responses to the KSAs.
Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and
1. Knowledge and skill in applying broad human resources principles, practices, regulations, and policies.
2. Ability to apply and implement HR initiatives including programs supporting the Senior Executive Service.
3. Ability to lead and inspire a diverse team.
4. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
5. Skill in written and oral communication skills.
All qualified candidates must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in federal services. Examples of such experience may include: providing regulatory interpretation, guidance, oversight of personnel management programs or operations; and participating in short and long-range planning designed to recognize and define needs, problems, and areas for improvement in the delivery of effective personnel management services; and condicting research and analysis to implement strategic initiatives and new programs within an agency.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.