June 27, 2011 at 4:51 pm #133970
Job Title: Supervisory Human Resources Specialist
Department: Department Of Agriculture
Agency: Agricultural Marketing Service
Sub Agency: Marketing & Regulatory Programs
Job Announcement Number: 24DY-2011-0006
SALARY RANGE: $89,033.00 – $115,742.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, June 27, 2011 to Tuesday, July 05, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0201-13/13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Washington, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to all United States citizens. (Current and Former Federal employees may also apply with a separate application to Merit Promotion vacancy announcement #6DY-2011-0010. For information on viewing Merit Promotion announcements, click Locating a Status Position on USAJOBS.)
The incumbent serves as a Supervisory Human Resources Specialist and, as such, is responsible for overseeing the work of the Staff, developing policies applicable to full range of activities of the Staff, and assuring the efficient and effective accomplishment of the goals and objectives of the milk market offices’ HR activities.
Milk Market Administrators (MMA) are appointed to administer milk market orders authorized by 7 USC 601 et seq. Pursuant to the general provisions of each order (7 CFR, Part 1000), “the market administrator shall perform all the duties necessary to administer the terms and provisions of each order under his administration…” In carrying out provisions of the milk order program, human resources (HR) responsibilities have been delegated to each of the eight Milk Market Administrators. Headquarters HR operations are conducted within the Dairy Program’s organization because of the unique excepted service responsibility for the program and receives assistance from the APHIS, MRPBS, Human Resources Division in carrying out this role.
You can make a difference! The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Marketing and Regulatory Programs (MRP) needs bright, energetic and committed professionals to facilitate the domestic and international marketing of U.S. agricultural products and to protect the health and care of animals and plants in the United States. MRP offers an array of occupations and is committed to diversity in the workplace. We operate in domestic and global markets. Be part of an organization that protects the health and agriculture of the American people. Join our team!
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
* Serves as the principal advisor to key milk order officials and actively participates in the management decision-making process on all matters relating to personnel management, staff planning, and organizational development.
* Plans, directs, and coordinates the milk order excepted service personnel management program, which includes the development, implementation, and execution of policies and procedures involving the following activities: staffing, employee relations, position classification, position management, organizational development, pay administration, staff planning and ceiling control, maintenance and management of employee personnel records, and employee development training.
* Provides direction to lower level specialist and administrative support employees assigned to the Staff; plans and assigns work of employees to accomplish overall goals and objectives.
* Reviews work periodically to assure proper use of guidelines and instructions and that necessary deadlines are being met.
* Provides training and development of subordinates.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=100433278&JobTitle=Supervisory+Human+Resources+Specialist&x=114&y=11&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=7&re=3&AVSDM=2011-06-27+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.