July 21, 2011 at 3:16 pm #136231
Job Title: Survey Statistician, GS-1530-13, Census-D-ADH
Department: Department Of Commerce
Agency: Bureau of the Census
Sub Agency: 63 Bureau of the Census
Job Announcement Number: HHES-2011-0024
SALARY RANGE: $89,033.00 – $115,742.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, July 21, 2011 to Friday, July 29, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1530-13/13
POSITION INFORMATION: Competitive Service: Career or Career Conditional Full Time
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy – Washington DC Metro Area, DC (Suitland, MD)
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All qualified United States citizens.
The Census Bureau produces quality data that help Americans better understand our country – its population, resources, economy, society and culture. We offer competitive salaries, flexible hours and work arrangements, developmental opportunities, recognition, a variety of benefits and health insurance plans, and a host of other employment incentives. If working in an environment that values your individuality and diversity and allows you to innovate, engage in problem solving, and achieve your professional goals appeals to you, then the Census Bureau is the place for you. Come join the Census Team and be responsible for contributing to the fabric of our nation – where everyone counts.
Applications under this vacancy announcement will be considered under external competitive procedures only. This vacancy is also being advertised under merit promotion procedures as HHES-2011-0021. (Click here if you cannot find this vacancy in USAJOBS) Each announcement requires a separate application using the Census Bureau’s on-line application system by logging into http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/ and clicking on “Search Jobs.” Merit promotion procedures apply to current or previous Federal employees in the competitive service who are eligible for transfer, promotion, reassignment, or reinstatement. Merit promotion procedures MAY also apply to applicants seeking consideration through a special appointing authority such as Veterans Recruitment Act (VRA), Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA), Schedule A, etc. Please read the vacancy announcement to determine who may apply.
This position is in the competitive service.
This vacancy is for a Survey Statistician position in the Industry and Occupation Statistics Branch (IOSB) of the Social, Economic and Housing Statistics Division (SEHS) (formerly HHES – Housing and Household Economic Statistics Division) located at the U.S. Census Bureau Headquarters in Suitland, Maryland.
One year probationary period may be required.
Relocation expenses may be paid.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
This position may be filled through means other than the competitive promotion process.
* You must be a U.S. citizen.
* If your resume is incomplete, you may not be considered for this vacancy.
* You must be registered for Selective Service if applicable (http://www.sss.gov).
* You must be suitable for Federal employment.
* Any required investigations and clearances must be completed
* before the selectee can be placed in the position.
The individual selected for this position will:
– Be responsible for developing research plans and conducting research as the subject matter expert in multiple topic areas including employment (i.e. occupation and industry), veterans, and the military, collected in the American Community Survey (ACS) and other Census Bureau household surveys.
– Prepare analytic reports, working papers, and presentations at conferences and other professional meetings as well as interagency meetings.
– Review the collection, coding, editing, and estimates of occupation, industry, and veteran’s data from the American Community Survey (ACS).
For more information, http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=101058852&JobTitle=Survey+Statistician%2c+GS-1530-13%2c+Census-D-ADH&x=94&y=5&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=6&re=4&AVSDM=2011-07-21+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.