August 17, 2011 at 1:44 pm #138950
- Assist taxpayers by answering inquiries concerning state and federal tax laws, rules, policies, and filing requirements
- Advise taxpayers on appropriate use of tax forms, deductions, itemizations and schedules
- Interview taxpayers to obtain necessary information to prepare or assist taxpayers in preparing tax returns and applying for permits
- Research taxpayer accounts for status, refunds, errors, and transactions
- Explain billings and notices
- Collect tax payments and compute and apply or abate penalty and interest
- Serve as liaison between taxpayer and Tax Commission for problem resolution
- Some knowledge of state and federal tax laws and rules.
- Experience interpreting and/or explaining laws, rules and/or policies to customers on a daily basis; preparing business correspondence; using Internet for research; and using computer applications such as word processing.
- Some knowledge of the Idaho sales tax laws and rules.
- Ability to speak fluently in Spanish and English.
To learn more about this opening, visit https://labor.idaho.gov/dhr/ats/statejobs/jobannouncement.aspx?announcement_no=04348041889
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.