July 1, 2011 at 3:56 pm #134414
Job Title: Translator
Department: Department Of The Navy
Agency: Naval Intelligence Command
Job Announcement Number: NE1-1040-03-4933574F050151
SALARY RANGE: $62,467.00 – $115,742.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, June 30, 2011 to Thursday, July 14, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: IA-1040-03
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Excepted Service Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 03
DUTY LOCATIONS: 01 vacancies – Suitland, MD
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All US Citizens Nationwide
Discover a civilian career that is filled with possibilities with the Naval Intelligence Community and become part of something that makes a difference for you, your country, and the world.
The Naval Intelligence Community spans across many organizations that provide direct support to the Navy, Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard and various Joint and Fleet Commands. Gain an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the Navy relative to the broader Intelligence Community and work side by side with your fellow companions throughout the DOD and various other intelligence agencies.
Serves as a translator at the Band 3 level and performs full translations, summaries and abstracts relative to foreign languages in one or more language group, culture, or geographical area. This position is located with the Office of Naval Intelligence, Farragut Technical Analysis Center, Office of Strategic Assessments .
The Department of the Navy Intelligence Community transitioned to the new Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) on 01 October 2008. DCIPS is a pay banded human resource management system for the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence. The GG Pay Plan has been replaced with the IA Pay Plan. If you would like additional information about DCIPS and the pay bands please visit our website at: http://www.nmic.navy.mil/DCIPS_intro.htm
* U.S. Citizenship Required
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance
* Drug Test Required
* Selectee may be required to successfully complete a polygraph examination
* Annual Defense Language Proficiency Testing (DLPT) required
· Produces translations that require no editing, of technical materials from Mandarin Chinese into idiomatically correct English.
· Conducts original research of foreign-language material in hard copy or on-line, including newspapers and periodicals, and scans, summarizes and/or gists articles of interest to naval and merchant analysts.
· Independently evaluates components of ONI’s Foreign Language Support Program related to requirements, procedures and production, personnel, training and translation aids, identifies shortcomings and proposes viable solutions.
· Acts as expert spokesperson for ONI at high-level working groups and conferences within the Intelligence Community, and as authority on foreign language support within ONI.
· Grasps and discusses with subject matter experts highly scientific and technical (S&T) concepts on a variety of naval- and merchant shipping-related topics, and derives proper terminology.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.