August 3, 2011 at 3:35 pm #137185
Job Title: Transportation Operations Specialist
Department: US General Services Administration
Agency: Federal Acquisition Service
Sub Agency: General Services Administration
Job Announcement Number: 110602407DE
SALARY RANGE: $47,448.00 – $74,628.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 to Thursday, August 11, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-2150-09/11
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-time Permanent
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 11
DUTY LOCATIONS: few vacancies – Kansas City Metro Area, MO; few vacancies – Fort Riley & Manhattan Areas, KS
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All United States citizens and nationals (residents of American Samoa and Swains Island).
You may have heard GSA called ‘the government’s landlord’, but GSA is about more than just buildings….We’re a vehicle management and acquisition service…a real estate manager…an IT solutions provider…a global supply chain manager…and more! GSA provides innovative solutions for Federal agencies that include products, services, workspace, and expertise to build a more high-performing, efficient, sustainable, and transparent government for the American people. And, since our jobs are as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government”.
As a Transportation Operations Specialist, you will resolve the full range of customer vehicle needs and transportation problems. Assist the Zone Manager with inventory controls of GSA Fleet vehicles, coordinating the assignment, rotation, termination and sale of vehicles, including the responsibility for preparation of necessary documentation.
Federal Acquisition Service
Office of the Deputy Regional Commissioner
Fleet Management Division
Western Fleet Mgmt Center
1500 E. Bannister Rd.
Kansas City, MO
**DUTY STATION: Will be in either Kansas City, MO or Ft. Riley, KS and will be determined upon selection. If duty station is in Kansas City, MO, 40% of time will be required for travel. If duty station is in Ft. Riley, KS 20% of time will be required for travel.**
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
* Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
* Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
* Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
* Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
* Flexible work schedules and telework
* Transit and child care subsidies
* Training and development
This vacancy is also being announced as Vacancy Announcement Number 110608807MP under Merit Promotion regulations. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion Procedures. Note: You must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both procedures.
* Apply online (See How to Apply section.)
* U.S. Citizenship or National
As a Transportation Operations Specialist, you will provide compreshensive technical support and assistance on assigned customer accounts within the Western Zone Fleet Management Center (FMC). Some of your primary responsibilities will include:
* Resolving the full range of customer vehicle needs and transportation problems.
* Evaluating diverse and oftentimes complex problems that arise with respect to customer accounts, including conversational or procedural issues associated with vehicle use, to broader operational ones, involving effectiveness, efficiency or ongoing Fleet operational practices.
* Conducting extensive studies and surveys to evaluate the study of past events and performance; present and future projected workload, coupled with in-depth insight of the needs of assigned customer activities.
* Analyzing a variety of technical, complex and/or repetitive customer, vendor, vehicle or process – related issues.
For more information, see http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.aspx?JobID=101378137&JobTitle=Transportation+Operations+Specialist&x=67&y=13&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&tm=0&pg=5&re=4&AVSDM=2011-08-03+00%3a03%3a00.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.