February 29, 2012 at 8:17 pm #154611
Cool job opening – https://twitter.com/jobs/positions?jvi=otqeWfwN,Job
Associate, Government & News
Full-Time — Washington DC, DCAssociate, Government & News
Twitter is transforming how users around the world are interacting with their elected officials and connecting to real-time news and information. This is your opportunity to help drive this change, working with government officials, agencies and candidates, as well as journalists and news organizations, to identify and champion best practices for using Twitter in civic discourse.
- Provide front-line technical support to government, political and news users of Twitter, solving problems and escalating to internal support and policy teams as needed. Expect to handle 10+ cases a week, with success measured by overall response and resolution time and user satisfaction.
- Prepare training and presentation materials, including 8-10 Keynote presentations, case studies, training handouts, and/or best practice guides per month.
- Meet 1:1 with key government, political and news users at least 1-2 times per week and represent Twitter on panels and in group training settings about 1-2 times per month.
- Conduct research into government, political and news use of Twitter, working with other Twitter team members to identify key metrics and narrative-boosting examples of successful use.
- Contribute content to @gov, @twittermedia, @twitternews and related editorial products. You’ll be authoring Tweets 3-4 times per week and producing blog or e-mail newsletter content 2-3 times per month.
- Execute routine management tasks for the Government and News team, including coordinating internal and external meetings, reviewing and approving requests for account verification, managing outreach for new feature deployments, maintaining contact lists for key users and assisting in management of interns.
- Be a core member of our production team for 1-2 major event integrations per quarter, such as our efforts around the State of the Union, presidential debates, and national party conventions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years experience in government or politics (preferably at the Press Secretary/New Media Director level) or in journalism, with deep familiarity across all three disciplines
- Strong organizational abilities — you’ll be spinning a lot of plates
- Demonstrated communication and relationship skills
- Fluency in technology and a passion about sharing information — you should be an evangelist at heart
- Willingness to travel (1-2 times per quarter)
- Direct entrepreneurial or other trail blazing experience a plus
- “Beyond the beltway” knowledge local, state and international government and politics a plus
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.