January 24, 2011 at 10:52 pm #121478
Job Title: Legislative Affairs Specialist
Department: Department Of Agriculture
Agency: Food and Nutrition Service
Sub Agency: USDA – Food and Nutrition Service
Job Announcement Number: 11-FNS-083PAs a Legislative Affairs Specialist, you will:
- Coordinate agency response to Congressional questions concerning FNS and its nutrition programs;
- Monitor and analyze the legislative actions of Congress and the Executive Branch which relate directly to the food assistance programs administered by FNS;
- Plan, draft and prepare position papers for FNS and USDA leadership to be used in facilitating action and policy formation regarding changes in administration, regulations and basic legislation affecting food and nutrition assistance programs;
- Arrange briefings with members of Congress and/or their staffs on FNS matters; and
- Prepare section-by section legislative analyses prior to committee action on Capitol Hill upon request of Agency and Department officials.
Check out job description and apply here:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.