August 22, 2011 at 3:27 pm #139199
JOB: Vice President, Higher Education, Government Sourcing Solutions
Government Sourcing Solutions (GSS) is seeking to hire a highly qualified current or former procurement professional from a university or college to serve as Vice President, Higher Education. GSS is a consulting firm focused on helping procurement directors accomplish their missions through a process we developed called Cooperative Sourcing™. Since its founding in 2005, GSS has helped procurement directors in eighteen states and more than a dozen large cities and counties to implement cooperative sourcing, resulting in millions of dollars of savings. GSS’ President, David Yarkin and Vice Presidents, Mike Smith, Terry Doumkos and Tammy Rimes are former public procurement professionals, having led the procurement organizations for the States of Pennsylvania, Illinois and Georgia and the City of San Diego, respectively. Our Research Director, Nicole Smith, served in a similar role with the National Association of State Procurement Officials.
- Minimum five years’ experience managing a large higher education procurement organization, with a record of integrity and accomplishment. Professional certification is highly desirable.
- Strong relationships with higher education procurement officials across the country. Active involvement and leadership in national organizations like NAEP and E&I are highly desirable.
- Outstanding communications/presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to present to diverse audiences as a panelist and subject matter expert related to higher education procurement.
- Proficiency with applications like Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook and ability to learn web-based applications like Salesforce.com. Broad knowledge and understanding of the higher education procurement environment. Familiarity with current practices, tendencies and emerging trends across the sector.
The Vice President, Higher Education, working in close coordination with the President and the entire GSS team will be responsible for developing and implementing a plan to increase usage of GSS’ cooperative sourcing approach by higher education institutions across the United States. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Regular nationwide travel (1-3 days per week) to meet with higher education procurement directors
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with higher education procurement directors
- Working with individual colleges and universities to develop a business case in support of cooperative sourcing, where feasible
- Maintaining a knowledge and awareness of trends in higher education procurement
- Attending relevant trade association conferences, including national and regional NAEP events
- Participating in conference calls with the GSS team and our business partners.
- Providing insight and education into higher education operational practices to our business partners.
- Maintaining updated records within our CRM system, Salesforce.com.
- There will be no need for relocation for this position.
- Compensation will include salary and performance-based bonuses and yearly contributions to a retirement account.
- All legitimate and approved expenses will be paid for or reimbursed by GSS.
- October 1, 2011 is the anticipated effective start date.
Interested candidates should send a recent resume to David Yarkin at [email protected]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.