August 23, 2011 at 1:51 pm #139274
ABOUT THE POSITION
This position is responsible for assessing new requirements and solving technical problems both in application code and application servers, leading the development of software from needs assessment through the deployment phase, evaluating and recommending new application server/application development technologies, application server administration, and providing guidance/training to IT staff in application development tools. The position will play a lead technical role for the mission critical OASIS system's maintenance and future upgrades, GIS inter-operability between OASIS and PALMS, and other Department IT needs. You will be part of a dynamic work environment and be able to apply your skills to unique and diverse applications using a variety of technologies. Responsibilities include:
* Write complex computer programs for critical applications that require advanced programming skills utilizing relational databases and application tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio.
* Lead critical software development projects from needs assessment and application design, through application deployment.
* Research IT trends, evaluate products, and recommend new products and technologies.
* Attend technical training courses, review technical journals, work with section's computer lab, and research information technology web sites to remain current with changes in the industry.
* Perform administration support for application servers and software development tools.
* Provide guidance to Department application developers in new tools and in complex coding techniques.
* Analyze user requests to determine the scope and magnitude of any changes/additions to our production system and make appropriate recommendations.
* Analyze production applications and application servers for potential upgrades.
* Write program and operations documentation.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING
* 3+ years experience with web application development using Microsoft Visual Studio, C# and Java script
* Innovative mind-set
* Ability to mentor development staff on new tools and technologies
* Some experience with Oracle PL / SQL stored procedures
* Ability to assume a leadership role in the design, coding, and implementation of complex applications
* Familiarity with operating systems such as LINUX and Windows
* Some experience with relational databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
* Skilled in administration of application servers such as Microsoft IIS and Oracle Web Logic Server
To learn more about this opening, click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.