May 31, 2011 at 3:00 pm #131495
Job Title: Writer
Agency: Smithsonian Institution
Sub Agency: Smithsonian
Job Announcement Number: 11R-JW-296934-TRF-OPA
SALARY RANGE: $51,630.00 - $67,114.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Friday, May 27, 2011 to Friday, June 10, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: IS-1082-09/09
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time, Permanent. This is not a Federal Position, but has similar requirements and benefits.
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 09
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy(s) in one of the following locations: Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This position is open to all candidates eligible to work in the United States.
This position is located in the Office of Public Affairs and reports to the Secretary's Speechwriter. The writer will assist the Secretary by writing, researching, drafting, editing, and fact checking written materials, usually for publication.
The Smithsonian Institution values and seeks a diverse workforce. Join us in "Inspiring Generations through Knowledge and Discovery."
* Pass Pre-employment Background Investigation
* Complete a Probationary Period
* Maintain a Bank Account for Direct Deposit/Electronic Transfer
* Develop ideas, research, draft, and/or edit the Secretary's Monthly Columns for Smithsonian Magazine and the Torch, the Smithsonian internal newsletter.
* Participate in special projects, ongoing analyses, or initiatives that have a high priority for the Secretary in order to carry out his vision and priorities, particularly as these relate to the communication needs of the Institution and of the Secretary's office.
* Write public statements, including speeches, congressional testimony, video scripts, Power Point presentations, commencement addresses, etc.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.