August 24, 2011 at 3:25 pm #139478
Job Title: Writer-Editor
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Customs and Border Protection
Job Announcement Number: IHC-524652-SD-DE
SALARY RANGE: $62,467.00 - $115,742.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, August 24, 2011 to Friday, September 02, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1082-11/13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 13
DUTY LOCATIONS: 1 vacancy - Washington DC Metro Area, DC
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
CBP: Securing America's Borders
Do you desire to protect America's interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling.
DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the sole organization responsible for securing the nation's borders. At CBP, we:
* Screen passengers, vehicles, and shipments entering our country
* Seize illegal narcotics, vehicles, and agricultural products
* Prevent unauthorized entry into the country
* Rescue individuals who fall into dangerous conditions traversing our border
For more information about CBP's mission, activities, and careers, please visit our website at: http://www.cbp.gov/.
This position is ideal for a professional with writing and/or editing experience who is wanting to utilize his or her skills to protect, secure, and serve the nation. This position is offered at the GS-11 through GS-13 level and promises plenty of opportunity to grow professionally. Please apply today if you wish to bring your skillset to CBP's Office of Congressional Affairs.
Who May Apply:
* Open to all U.S. Citizens
* Status candidates may also apply through IHC-524267-SD-MP
* For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please see http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/careers/gc_1303762131481.shtm.
Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Congressional Affairs, located in Washington, DC.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Note: One or more selections may be made using this vacancy announcement
* You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position
* You must successfully pass a background investigation
* Selective service registration
In this position you will be responsible for helping to inform and influence policy. Through your research, writing, and editing, you will provide key members of the Office of Congressional Affairs, and senior leaders of Customs and Border Protection the necessary information to inform and advise Members of Congress on CBP missions, priorities, goals and objectives, as well as inform Members of Congress on positive achievements CBP has made. Typical work assignments will include:
* Composing and editing written information (to include preparing written testimony for congressional hearings), editing reports, preparing correspondence, editing news articles or designing other publications for policy makers within CBP
* Analyzing and synthesizing multi-source information into presentations
* Researching and compiling information needed to amplify material or provide for full subject coverage
* Preparing written material on complex issues related to the mission, policies, programs and initiative of the agency
* Writing, gathering, developing and checking the accuracy of information by research and by interviews with subject matter experts, program officials and policy-makers
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.