July 14, 2011 at 4:08 pm #135533
Job Title: WRITER/EDITOR
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Customs and Border Protection
Job Announcement Number: MHCBPDE-501201-SLH
SALARY RANGE: $60,274.00 - $78,355.00 /year
OPEN PERIOD: Thursday, July 14, 2011 to Wednesday, July 27, 2011
SERIES & GRADE: GS-1082-12
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time Career/Career Conditional
PROMOTION POTENTIAL: 12
DUTY LOCATIONS: Few vacancies - San Diego Sctr HQ. Chula Vista, CA; Few vacancies - El Paso Sector HQ. El Paso, TX; Few vacancies - Tucson Sector HQ, AZ
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: United States Citizens
CBP: Securing America's Borders
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career in CBP, the sole organization responsible for securing the nation's borders. At U.S. Customs and Border Protection, we:
* Screen passengers, vehicles, and shipments entering our country
* Seize illegal narcotics, vehicles, and agricultural products
* Prevent unauthorized entry into the country
* Rescue individuals who fall into dangerous conditions traversing our border
For more information about CBP's mission, activities, and careers, please visit our website at: http://www.cbp.gov/.
Who May Apply:
* Open to all U.S. Citizens
* Status candidates may also apply through VIN 495473
* For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please see http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/careers/gc_1303762131481.shtm.
Organizational Location: This position is located within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Border Patrol, San Diego Sector Headquarters, Chula Vista, CA, El Paso Sector Headquarters, El Paso, TX and Tucson Sector Headquarters, Tucson, AZ.
Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Note: One or more selections may be made using this job opportunity announcement.
* You must be a U.S. Citizen
* You may be required to successfully complete a background investigation
This is a multi-faceted position that requires the incumbent to serve as a writer, editor and composer of various articles on agency activities.
Your job will include:
* Composing and editing written information for senior level and top management officials.
* Examining documents produced by others for clarity, style requirements, and organizational policies.
* Reviewing and drafting appropriate form letter responses for top level management signatures.
* Researching and analyzing pertinent regulations, policies, and program documents to develop complete and accurate statements.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.