January 5, 2011 at 7:59 pm #119524
Knowledge Management Analyst
Status: Immediate Need
Location: Washington, DC
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s
Minimum Experience: 2-5 years of experience with Information Systems and Technology
Security: US Citizen
The Knowledge Management (KM) Analyst position for Bridgeborn Inc. works with our client to refine knowledge management strategies and to improve the fundamental usability of information and knowledge within and across the organization’s multifaceted communities.
The candidate will support the KM Team Leader by promoting the advancement of the Agency’s KM strategies. He/She will be responsible for providing business analysis for the Agency and assessing existing as well as new technologies in support of KM initiatives. He/She will be responsible for ensuring users have appropriate support while promoting communities of practice, coordinating taxonomy development, developing content and training materials, and conducting consultations, trainings, and presentations to varied audiences. The employee will work with other contractors and government team members across the Agency.
Ideal candidates should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Information Systems/Knowledge Management or equivalent degree
- 2-5 years of experience with Information Systems and Technology, including desktop business applications, collaborative systems
- 2-5 years of experience capturing lessons learned, taxonomy design/metadata design, and communities of practice and familiarity with developing and delivering knowledge sharing programs
- Advanced computer skills and hands-on familiarity with current web technologies, including blogs, wikis, chat, instant messaging, and content management systems
- Experience with or exposure to database concepts
- Experience with Drupal and SharePoint
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to gain consensus and collaboration across many business units and clearly explain complex concepts in layman’s language across all levels of management and staff
- Must be able to promote and provide technical support for collaborative tools, including communities of practice, wikis, blogs and other knowledge management tools
- Must possess strong client management skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with peers, senior colleagues and professionals
- Strong analytical and organization skills, and the ability to prioritize as required
- Independent work is expected with little oversight
- Must be self-motivated and excel in a fast paced environment under tight deadlines
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.