October 3, 2011 at 8:50 pm #142727
The Linux Database Administrator oversees our business critical data and is responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance and repair of our databases. We look to the DBAs to guide our data management strategy as we continue to aggressively grow our business and related data.
The Linux DBA is responsible for creating and maintaining cross functional relationships with Technical Support, Development, Product Management and the Executive team to ensure the capabilities and capacity of the GovDelivery infrastructure supports current and future growth. Our Technical Operations team is responsible for the overall availability, reliability, and security of the GovDelivery suite of products and services.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be awesome
- Have a bias for action
- Expertly balance decisiveness and flexibility
- Enjoy working in our fast-paced and high-growth organization
If you have the initiative and drive to blaze a successful path in an organization that values results, entrepreneurship, and culture we want to hear from you!
- Work independently and resolve complex Oracle and non-Oracle problems in a fast moving SaaS environment
- Troubleshoot Oracle performance and non-performance related issues with minimal direction
- Run diagnostic tools to identify database bottlenecks and suggest appropriate corrective actions
- Support proactive monitoring of the all database server environments
- Give support to development, quality control, and customer support personal for all stages of application development and their accompanying databases
- Provide after hours support and server maintenance as required
- Know database standards in data storage, maintenance, access, and security
- Manage database lifecycles of RDMBS installation and patching, backups and recoveries, diagnostics and tuning, and Oracle Service Requests
Skills and Requirements
- 3+ years experience as an Oracle DBA in a highly available multi-terabyte SaaS production environment
- 2 years experience with 11g
- 3 years experience with partitioning and lob compression
- OEM, tkprof, and strace/ptrace, and general sql and pl/sql tuning
- Rman, NetApp snapshots and cloning, or similar technologies
- BS in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of related work experience and education
- Physical and logical database design
- RAC or RAC One Node, Data Guard or Golden Gate
- Writing Java, Perl, Unix Shell scripting, sql or pl/sql scripting, and regular expressions
- World class problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills via multiple formats (oral and written)
The compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k).
GovDelivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, send your resume to:
Location: Saint Paul, MN
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.