October 4, 2011 at 6:46 pm #142880
The Linux Systems Administrator joins the team responsible for overall availability, reliability, and security of the GovDelivery suite of SaaS products and services. We maintain a very exciting, high transaction environment built on our internal cloud. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of data center systems as well as experience with cloud based computing. We are looking for an energetic, eager and driven professional to join our Technical Operations team!
The Linux Systems Administrator reports directly to the Technical Operations Manager and works in a group with three other Systems Administrators. If you have the initiative and drive to blaze a successful path in an organization that values results, entrepreneurship, and culture we want to hear from you!
- Handle day-to-day problems and service requests related to OS, server and virtualization infrastructure.
- Participate in 24×7 on-call rotation and maintenance windows
- Complete appropriate validation processes as required with minimal deviations or discrepancies
- Build and configure new Linux/Unix systems
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware and operating system problems
- Maintains and reviews system logs and reports
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and perform system backup and recovery
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years’ experience with Linux or UNIX.
- Solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system including paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, filesystem concepts (inode, clustering, logical partitions).
- Windows server software proficiency
- System management tools (capacity management, configuration management, automation etc.)
- VMware ESX or Vsphere software a huge plus
- SSL, SSH, and DNS
- Web servers and application servers
- Load balancers
- Work independently and complete tasks successfully within agreed upon deadlines.
- Write scripts in some administrative language (Perl, VBScript, a shell)
- Fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can configure NFS and Samba; can use nslookup or dig to check information in the DNS; understands basic routing concepts
- Comfort with most aspects of operating system administration; for example, configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software
- SMTP, POP and IMAP protocols and MTA experience (Sendmail, Postfix, etc)
The compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate’s experience and skills. Compensation will include base salary and performance-based incentives. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k).
GovDelivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this position, send your resume to:
Location: Saint Paul, MN
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.