Looking for Live Blogging Tips

Home Forums Miscellaneous Looking for Live Blogging Tips

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Elliot Volkman 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Patrick Fiorenza
    Participant

Anyone have any great live blogging tips? I am going to be at a few conferences next week and want to do a little prep on live blogging strategies. I’ve had mixed results in the past, any tips or tricks that have worked well in the past would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Elliot Volkman
    Participant

There are two easy options for live blogging: One use the Twitter hashtag that goes with the event, and then use something like Storify to gather the standout points that you highlight.

There are also several WordPress plugins, or even Google docs as an option for live blogging. For Google docs you just make the document public, but not allow others to edit it. WordPress has a large library of tools for live blogging so it just depends on how you want to use it. I also occasionally use Cover It Live.

As for tips for coverage – Don’t tweet everything. If it’s a notable quote get it in there. If you are using Twitter get the participants and panelists @names prior to the event so you can tag them to it. Also it never hurts to talk with people who are also creating chatter about the events as well.

Patrick Fiorenza
    Participant

Hi Elliot – thanks so much for your advice and comments, will definitely follow them this week!

Joe Flood
    Participant

Are you using WordPress? The WP app on the iPhone works really well to write and publish simple posts.

Patrick Fiorenza
    Participant

Thanks Joe – appreciate the advice. I’ll give the app a shot.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.