January 19, 2012 at 10:25 pm #150114
All the talk about social media forecasts and New Year’s resolutions has me wondering if folks have made any social media resolutions for themselves, with their work groups, and/or in their organizations.
Have you created any (new) social media goals?
Do you plan to start any (new) social media initiatives?
What do you want to do more of in 2012? What do you want to do less of?
I’m looking forward to hearing – and being inspired by – your ideas. Thanks!
Courtney Shelton Hunt, PhD
Founder, Social Media in Organizations (SMinOrgs) Community
January 23, 2012 at 3:40 pm #150124
Wow, where to start? Haha!
- Refine social media presences. With Path, Pinterest, Quora, G+, and old platforms like Tumblr, the blog, etc., I’m again becoming fragmented across the different sites. I need to figure out where I want to be and for what purpose.
- Consistently participate. I have a tendency to show up in spurts. It’s jarring to viewers/readers.
- Explore self publishing. Not a social media initiative, per se, but I will be using social media to publicize and develop some things.
- Streamline social media processes.
- Operationalize existing social media initiatives. (Make them more a part of workplace culture)
- Explore new business models centered around social business (shareable economy, mobile payments, etc.)
January 27, 2012 at 2:30 pm #150122
I only have one new goal when it comes to social media, and that is to reduce my use of it while in public or with other people. Generally I used it for work, and have to stay connected to my members; however, it can be damaging to physical relationships if over used. That or find a way to stick a microchip in my head so they can’t tell if I’m using it. Whichever comes first.
January 27, 2012 at 2:50 pm #150120
I want to gain more followers on Twitter, while not spending an excessive amount of time on it, mainly for “portfolio” type purposes. A friend once asked me to livetweet a Republican debate and it made me miss half the debate, that’s no fun. I also won’t tweet when out in public with friends, ect. I already check my email more often than I should. My other goal is to spend less time on it, I actually use Facebook (aside from work purposes) almost solely to keep up with friends who live back near my parents, so I guess it isn’t too bad.
January 29, 2012 at 11:07 pm #150118
Thanks so much for sharing your resolutions, Joshua, Elliot, and Corey.You’ve offered some great food for thought.
Anyone else have resolutions they’d like to share?
February 2, 2012 at 7:09 pm #150116
I’ve included a link back to this discussion in a blog post that invites folks to share their social media goals for the year ahead, evaluate the progress they have made so far in keeping the resolutions they have made, and refocus their efforts to ensure their goals are realistic rather than idealistic. Here’s a link to it:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.