Making New Connections

Home Forums Miscellaneous Making New Connections

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Krzmarzick 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Cynthia Hinkle
    Participant

Hello Everyone!

I am a young professional looking to make new connections. I am looking to learn about new positions, find out tips when applying for government positions, how to stand out from the crowd, how to enter the DC market when I am in Cleveland, etc. Below is a breif snapshot of me, but I would be willing to go more in depth if desired.

About me: Young professional with 2 years post-graduation experience in property management.

Locations: Looking for a position in the DC area. I would be willing to relocate at my own expense.

Career Interests: Healthcare, Environmental and Social organizations

Personal Interests: Traveling, Languages, Reading, National Parks.

Welcome to GovLoop, Cynthia. You may want to check out this resource to assist your move from Cleveland to DC:

https://www.govloop.com/profiles/blogs/navigating-the-federal-applic

Cynthia Hinkle
    Participant

Andrew,

Thank you for sending me this link. The one thing I always have to remember is with the Federal Government jobs it takes a while to hear back. I applied for this wonderful job I really really want with the National Park Service. The position is called Park Ranger, Special Events Coordinator. I think I can have a real positive impact on the NPS and I hope I will be able to prove that. I will keep this resource in mind as I apply for more positions. Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.