July 15, 2011 at 10:34 pm #135705
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing communications strategies to 'get the word out' about GovDelivery. This role provides an excellent opportunity for a driven marketing communications expert with proven success in digital content creation, prospect engagement, social media and thought leadership.
The ideal candidate is a “digital citizen” with deep experience creating content for online consumption who embraces new media & digital communications and loves to bring innovative ideas and strategies to life. The Marketing Communications Manager leads the marketing communications team and works with a variety of internal and external clients leading our approach for communications methods including: web content, sales collateral, social media content, sales tools, video, public relations, and events.
This person also ensures a consistent and powerful message, the integration of best practices, and the development of client-centric marketing communications practices. S/he must be an exceptional writer, a creative thinker, and embrace new challenges. They must leverage current technology, media, and be driven to constantly learn at a high velocity.
- Write, edit and maintain print and online sales collateral, including brochures, website, articles, white papers, blogs, case studies and other materials as needed
- Leverage alternative media (video, slide-share presentations, online demos) for maximum awareness, lead generation, and impact
- Manage and enforce the GovDelivery voice and style
- Leverage messaging and standardized communication tools to foster a strong corporate brand
- Expand client-centric messaging and “voice of the customer”
- Apply innovative approaches that improve the speed, coverage and impact of communications leveraging the company website, social media, etc.
- Produce high-impact presentations for sales, conferences and our company events
- Write/edit press releases
- Help develop stories, byline articles, and abstracts for media consumption
Social Media Community Management
- Manage social media initiative (blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.)
- Write and edit content for GovDelivery blogs and other social sites
- Manage editorial calendar for internal content contributors to ensure adequate blog coverage
- Develop and implement appropriate metrics to evaluate success and impact of all communications activities and design strategies to continuously improve
- Passion for public sector success
- Functional experience in multiple business domains within Marketing (including communications, PR, etc.)
- Superlative writing and editing skills
- Clear, concise communicator via email, phone, webinar, written word, and live presentation
- High level of knowledge in all facets of communications
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Accountable for Marketing results measured by sales leads generated and new business acquired
- Ability to develop strong relationships with sales teams, product management, and press
- 5+ years marketing communications or communications experience in a technology company
- BA/BS or equivalent in Marketing/Journalism/Communications; MBA a plus
- Leadership of a high performing, diverse team
- Success working with government or other public sector organizations
- Product experience working with SaaS software offerings
This position is critical to the success of our business and the compensation package will be tailored to the candidate commensurate with candidate's experience and skills. Benefits include paid vacation and holidays, medical and dental plan, and matching 401(k).
To apply for this position, send your resume to:
Location: Saint Paul, MN
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.