Mary J. Blige Pitching NASA Programs – Which Celebrity Could Help Your Agency/City/State?

Home Forums Miscellaneous Mary J. Blige Pitching NASA Programs – Which Celebrity Could Help Your Agency/City/State?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Peteritas 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Mr. GovLoop’s “Top 5” this week suggests some potential public service jobs for Ashley Judd now that she’s secured her Master’s of Public Administration from Harvard’s Kennedy School.

Then I saw a tweet from @NASA with a link to this video:

So which celebrity could bring awareness about a project or program being run by your agency, city or state?

Stephen Peteritas
    Participant

Hmmm this is a good question. I think that a lot can go right with celeb endorsements (look at New Orleans) but I also think there are more misses than hits with those campaigns. Just the other day I saw that Mississippi has hired David Hasselhoff to do a one hour special promoting the state as a tourist location: http://www.my601.com/news/local/story/Barbour-Montgomery-Gentry-Wont-be-in-TV-Special/_DW9QcUcXkWZP8nyhL-wbA.cspx

Not sure that the Hoff is a good choice.

John Solomon
    Participant

Jack Bauer…I mean Kiefer Sutherland for citizen emergency preparedness

I like this one! Big ’24’ fan here…

Nice job NASA! I’d like to see Thad Allen – the “Master of Disaster” – team up with Tom Ridge, the fist DHS Secretary to encourage citizens to join the Department of Homeland Security.

The last ‘five steps to fight the flu’ public service announcement in Illinios sucked. I’m sure we could get Vince Vaughn to do one on the fly that would be a something that would get the message out.

Kevin Carter
    Participant

Would not trade John Berry for any celeb.

AJ Malik
    Participant

Remy Munasifi, the viral video celebrity, did quite the viral video promo for Arlington.

Chris Bennett
    Participant

Sorry, Morgan Freeman has you beat. We collaborated with him briefly on P!N (Plan !t Now)

Tom Bullington
    Participant

Without a doubt, people would listen to, and trust, Tom Hanks. If Hanks became the face and voice of any agency, it would be a major coup.

It has to be a voice and/or a face that the public trusts. My mind turns to those who already have a presence through the private sector…Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman, Campbell Scott, James Earl Jones, Dennis Haysbert (from the Allstate commercials).

Renata Lana
    Participant

For those who are foodies, celebrity chefs Barton Seaver, Dave Pasternack, and others have helped NOAA promote our “Eat Lionfish” campaign, which is focused on supporting a US market for this delicious invasive species.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.