December 27, 2011 at 7:01 pm #148300
Assist the Linguist Site Manager in providing operational, administrative, and management oversight to Mission Essential Personnel linguist support operations in Afghanistan. The Assistant Linguist Site Manger (ALSM) serves as the using unit primary POC on resolving assigned linguist issues, provides for and ensures accountability in LEADS, and ensures linguists are inputting payroll data correctly into UNANET in the absence of the LSM. The ALSM identifies issues to the LSM that are impacting his assigned sites, linguists, and customers. The ALSM serves as the MEP staff front line in terms of establishing relationships with the customer and projecting the desired image and capability of MEP.
• Assist the LSM in providing operational, administrative, and management oversight to all MEP and subcontractor linguists in the assigned area of operation. Effectively manage the day-to-day actions required to ensure MEP is providing top notch linguist service support to the customer in the assigned area of operations.
• Communicate new requirements, concerns and issues to the LSM as appropriate.
• Ensure that all customer requests for additional linguist support are forwarded to the LSM and that the customer is aware of forwarding requests for linguist support to the Theater Linguist Manager.
• Conduct daily meetings with the customer to ensure that expectations are properly managed and that all requirements, as defined in the contract SOW, are met.
• Provide input to reports (Theater Directors Report, for example) as appropriate.
• Coordinate with the customer to support linguist schedules and travel.
• Ensure that appropriate linguist health, morale and welfare requirements are met.
• Ensure that linguists adhere to established customer regulations and standards of conduct.
• Ensure that linguists understand and adhere to work schedule and other administrative and procedure requirements as defined by the customer.
• Secret Clearance
• 2 – 4 years management experience (civilian or military)
• U.S. Military experience
• Understanding of military customs, courtesies, and procedures
• Computer literate: Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office applications, typing, and composition
• Willingness to work long hours for extended periods of time and travel in high risk environment
• US Citizen with U.S. Passport
As assigned by the LSM but may include providing various rosters, updating information in LEAD, providing performance evaluations, providing for equipment accountability, etc.
A thorough knowledge of cultural, economic, geopolitical, and military issues of the Middle East. Previous operational experience working with linguists in support of Government operations (Contractor/Military Afghanistan theater experience preferred).
To apply for this position, please click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.