December 22, 2011 at 8:18 pm #148098
Mission Essential Personnel (MEP), LLC is seeking qualified applicants to serve as Site Managers (SMs) & Installation Liaison Officers (LNOs) for Mission Essential Personnel (MEP), Operation Enduring Freedom – Afghanistan (OEF-A), supporting various geographic regions of the Continental US (CONUS). This position reports directly to the OCONUS – OEF-A Operations Manager.
The Site Manager will primarily focus on personnel & operational readiness issues associated with CONUS deployments. Assist operations personnel to predict, resolve, or elevate issues that will affect the overall deployment operation. Follow and disseminate policy & procedures in the course of daily operations. The Site Manager will assist in accountability of employees on the INSCOM Contract. The Site Manager will be required to build and maintain positive relationships within and across the spectrum of Mission Essential Personnel staff in both CONUS and OCONUS.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs duties as Site Manager for exercises conducted on installations for periods up to 90 days in length.
• Build relationships with unit Points of Contact (POC) and provide MEP OEF-A with input as to client needs.
• Work to develop new training opportunities and engage the OEF-A staff to follow up after making a favorable introduction to the client and relaying all pertinent operational input.
• Assist in providing pre-deployment operational guidance and coordination for deploying teams; maintain situational awareness of operational events; review and update policies, regulations and doctrinal documents that are relevant for all training efforts.
• Work closely with the military customer and the OEF-A staff to ensure effective program management and provide superior customer service. Interface with the customer regularly on a variety of program issues to ensure continuous process improvement and customer satisfaction.
• With regard to the additional specific requirements for each training event, the Site Manager and/or Installation Liaison Officer (LNO) will:
• Coordinate with the client and Operations Manager to ensure that the support provided by MEP is IAW all Statement of Work requirements and exceeds the customer’s expectations for professionalism and technical expertise.
• Ensure that our logistical support requirements (airfare, vehicle rentals, per diem, training aids, etc.) are made in a timely fashion and in accordance with the proposed cost structure.
• Perform daily/weekly pay roll functions.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent working experience
• Previous military/contractor operational experience working with and supervising linguists in support of Government operations.
• A thorough knowledge of cultural, economic, geopolitical, and military issues of the Middle East
• 5 years of military experience in an operational field (Prefer Military Retiree, recent deployed experience in support of OIF/OEF) or 1 year of OCONUS Site Manager experience supporting MEP Operations OEF-A.
• Must have a sound and proven management background as demonstrated by leading those who are providing operational support to Department of Defense and/or Intelligence Agency operations/missions.
• Strong ability to work as a member of a diverse, dynamic team. Outstanding problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and sound judgment.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to tactfully deal with people from diverse cultures.
• Highly flexible, willing to travel to various CONUS installations for periods of up to 90 days.
• Willingness to work extended hours and weekends in support of mission operations.
• U.S. citizenship mandatory.
• SECRET clearance is required.
• Must possess the ability to work in a mixed environment consisting of multi-service personnel, DOD civilians and Government contractor personnel.
To apply for this position, please click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.