December 27, 2011 at 4:38 pm #148276
Job Description Mission Essential Personnel is now looking for a Language Improvement Program Trainer who will monitor, oversee and manage the Language Improvement Program (LIP) for designated region and report back to MEPLA Mentor/Instructor. In addition, develop training materials, training aids and media to benefit the Language Improvement Program. Additional responsibilities as follows:
• Train MEPLIP Linguist in speaking, listening, reading, writing skills, translation and interpretation skills.
• Train MEPLIP Linguist in a classroom setting in addition to training via conference call or Skype, where available.
• Monitor progress of those on the Language Improvement Program and provide the MEPLA Language Instructor-LIP Mentor with assessment data to mentor Linguist progress.
• Report to the MEPLA Language Instructor-LIP Mentor and constantly communicate ways to improve LIP.
• Attend meetings and training programs with MEPLA staff as required.
• Assists in tracking and maintaining 100% accountability of all personnel.
• Train current Linguist via Skype and Moodle.com.
• Teach cultural content for Afghanistan in Pashto/Dari and English as required to enable effective translation and interpretation by students.
• Apply blended learning modes including use of classroom, audio/video/DVD and directed studies.
• Send out weekly wrap up reports and deliverables for the LIP.
• Update data and maintain operational data and reports.
• Select and administer instructional assessment testing for all translator and interpreter Linguist.
• Focuses primarily on ways to improve the Language Improvement Program and work closely with MEPLA Instructor.
• Identify Linguist needs based on Speaking, Listening, Reading, Writing, Translation and Interpretation in order to tailor the best training solution to meet their individual needs.
• Coordinates retesting when deemed necessary and provide MEPLA Language Instructor-LIP Mentor with outcome of the retest.
• Create assessment and curriculum tools to achieve required student outcomes.
• Additional responsibilities and job placement as prescribed by the Director.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
• Proven track record of delivering language instruction successfully.
• One to Three Years experience working in Afghanistan as a Linguist.
• Native speaker
• Demonstrated knowledge of Afghanistan’s history, culture, politics and economy.
• Computer literate: Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office applications, typing, and composition. Understanding of U.S Military culture.
• Conflict management skills
• Problem Solving skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Must be able to speak and write in Pashto, Dari and English.
Experience and Education:
• Advanced skills in communication.
• Experience teaching and/ or working with adults
• Ability to work in fast-paced, complex, and dynamic environment.
• Must be flexible and able to work in a team environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• US Citizen with US Passport
• 1-2 years working in the middle east, perferbly Afghanistan.
• Willingness to travel
• Minimum of a Secret Security Clearance
To learn more, and to apply for this position, please click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.