October 5, 2011 at 6:25 pm #142940
Job Description Mission Essential Personnel is currently seeking a Senior Director of Contracts and Procurement who will lead the Contracts and Procurement Department. The Senior Director will be responsible for contract activities, including oversight and compliance. This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President and General Counsel and will contribute to development and implementation of functional goals and objectives while keeping the General Counsel informed of program status, potential problems, opportunities, and risks. The Senior Director will interface with all levels of company leadership, including senior executives and Program and Business Development Management. The Senior Director will serve as a key member of the MEP management team as an active participant in various operating decisions, including involvement in ongoing program activities, bidding decisions, and in the formation of new business alliances.
General Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees Contract and Subcontract staff activities including, but not limited to, proposal preparation, contract negotiation, formation, administration, and customer contact activities.
• Leads proposal, negotiation, administration and general business processes for new and continuing programs. Reviews and approves solicited and unsolicited proposals for submission to customers including change order pricing and REA’s.
• Drafts and reviews Teaming Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Licensing Agreements, and other legal documents.
• Demonstrates a high standard of professional excellence and oversees business activities to ensure a high standard of professional excellence by staff members.
• Establishes and implements short- and long-term strategies to deliver certainty to customers.
• Establishes and communicates goals and objectives, defines methodologies, tasks, and activities, and clearly describes roles and responsibilities for performing to personnel. Communicates broadly to help ensure overall coordination for cross-functional teams.
• Engages in proactive Contract and Procurement leadership and ensures execution of contracts in accordance with MEP policies, contractual and legal requirements, the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Defense Department Supplement to the FAR, and other Government, Regulatory and Customer provisions
• Determines the training needs of employees to develop and advance the depth and abilities of the staff, enabling them to provide the maximum business support on current and future growth opportunities.
• Works with Project Managers to properly implement contract requirements.
• Interacts with all departments to promote business advancement and key business objectives.
• Acts as a primary contractual point of contact for customers.
• Demonstrates and promotes effective leadership through team and organizational development.
• Accomplish department and MEP objectives by promoting sound business principles, application of leadership in planning, understanding and providing accountable impact.
• Analyzes new law, regulation, and contract trends for potential impact on business unit goals and objectives.
• Assists in identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes. Makes recommendations regarding contracts implementation
• Establishes and communicates goals and objectives, defines methodologies, tasks, and activities, and clearly describes roles and responsibilities for performing to personnel.
• Establishes and implements short- and long-term strategies to deliver certainty to customers within reasonable schedules and budgets.
• Bachelor’s Degree. MBA and or JD desired, but not required.
• Fifteen or more years of related experience in U.S. government contracts administration.
• Five or more years of experience in a supervisory or management capacity.
• Advanced knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, terms, conditions and policies governing assigned contracts, including FAR, DFARS, and CAS.
• Comprehensive working knowledge of the U.S. Government and higher tier contractor acquisition processes.
• Advanced knowledge of the practices, procedures and processed involved in contracts administration.
• Effective negotiator with experience in all types of U.S. Government contracts.
• Experience drafting and reviewing documents and agreements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and with vendors, partners, and subcontractors.
• Ability to use judgment and initiative to resolve problems.
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Key Desired Experience:
• Demonstrated ability to lead talented team of Contracts and Procurement professionals.
• Diverse experience base including public and private employment in a contracting office environment.
• Ability to be a results-driven executive, accountable for his or her initiatives.
• Ability to be a creative and innovative thinker.
• Ability to proactively build relationships with executives throughout the organization.
To learn more, and to apply for this position, please click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.