November 30, 2011 at 8:53 pm #146782
Job Description Sr. Pricing Analyst is responsible for the initiation and completion of the proposal cost volume and all related data. The Analyst will prepare proposals on new and existing products. They will be responsible for coordinating preparation of functional cost estimates. They assist in preparation of compliant basis of estimates and cost and pricing data in support of government audits and contract negotiations. Responsibilities include assuring all required cost and pricing data is collected and incorporated into the Cost Proposal. The support proposal activities and related pricing efforts and assure the data provided from the functional estimators is in compliance with US Government and company requirements. The Analyst will support various functions, lead cost proposal Kickoff meeting and status meetings, prepare cost volume and provide summary data for all proposal reviews. Review cost alternatives to provide guidance for cost reductions. Assist in the training of estimators in the requirements required for submission of compliant data in support of government proposals Gathers cost data and studies which provide detailed cost information used in developing proposals by performing the following duties:
• Performs basic activities in support of various pricing functions, such as initiating cost proposal build, analysis, cost narrative and all basic reviews.
• Interpret solicitation requirements. Review RFPs and provide any pricing related questions for submittal to the customer.
• Determine Price Proposal requirements in regards to pricing; cost build up, CLIN structure, and any additional submittal requirements.
• Perform cost analysis and estimates for proposal efforts, consistent with company policies, FAR, CAS, other applicable regulations and solicitation requirements.
• Plan, study, and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as material, equipment, subcontract, and labor.
• Review data obtained and develops pricing models for both large and small proposals, as well as task orders.
• Communicates pricing information to associates.
• Writes the cost narrative to explain and justify the cost data contained in the cost volumes.
• Incorporate revisions to proposals in regards to materials, labor, or services provided to determine impact on costs.
• Supports pricing activity on subcontractor proposals, building pricing models, and performing pricing scenarios. May also assist in developing pricing strategies and executing the pricing strategy into cost models.
• Act as team leader, coordinating and directing other members of the pricing staff on larger complex proposals.
• Creates pricing templates, models, “what if” scenarios, and situational spreadsheets.
• Analyze historical cost data in order to provide more accurate cost estimates.
• Assess and review subcontractor cost and price proposals.
• Participate in pricing reviews with upper management.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be well versed in Excel.
May interface with government contract administrators and DCAA Auditors to provide pricing support to ensure government understanding of financial data, methodology and applicability under appropriate government regulations. This position has the potential to grow into a pricing manager role.
Minimum Qualifications 3-5 years of work experience, preferably in a business field such as Finance, Contracts.
Knowledge of the principles, methods and practices of cost estimating.
Highly knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
3-5 years related experience in the development and submittal of spreadsheets and cost proposals to US Government and Commercial customers.
3-5 years experience in writing cost narratives and preparing cost volumes.
Excellent communication skills.
Excellent time management and the ability to multi-task.
Bachelor’s Degree (Business field preferred such as Finance or Accounting).
Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance.
Must be a US Citizen.
To learn more, and to apply for this position, please click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.