Millennial Monday: How Millennial Are You?

Home Forums Miscellaneous Millennial Monday: How Millennial Are You?

This topic contains 52 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Sperry 7 years ago.

• Author

Allison Primack
    Participant

This week I stumbled across a fun quiz from the Pew Research Center, entitled

How Millennial Are You?

I took the quiz, and scored a 96! Yikes!

How did you score on the test?

Do you think these questions are good indicators of the Millennial generation?

Millennial Monday is a series by Young Government Leaders (YGL) that discusses leadership, management, and skills needed for the next generation of public servants. To get involved in YGL or learn more, please follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join us on LinkedIn, and/or check out our website!

Peter Sperry
    Participant

I scored a 68 and I was born in 1957. What does that say about the validity of genrational stereotypes?

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Ouch…

Your Millennial score is 30!

Patrick Fiorenza
    Participant

Scored a 76, thanks for sharing this!

Tracey Harriot
    Participant

I scored a 99!! I am not a millenial by age and I do not consider myself a millenial by actions, either. (Not saying this is good or bad, mind you.)

I guess having a facebook page and not having a land line phone make me a millenial? The questions that I thought should carry more weight, such as political affiliation, were the ones that were seen as less significant and were weighted less. However, having a facebook page was weighted heavily. This one seems a bit off to me as everyone and their mother (and grandmother!!) has a facebook page these days. Not sure that I would weight that as heavily.

Interesting topic for sure, but I’m still not sold on the questions/indicators myself.

Pamela Corey
    Participant

I got a 46 (born in 1967). But it’s probably because I haven’t got my tattoo yet and I don’t text (but I email like a fiend).

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I know I got crushed by
    -I signed up for NY TImes so read online everday

-Landline – I got it as do lots of webinars/interviews and cell phones cut out

Henry Brown
    Participant

Scored a 72, IMO major debunking the application of a genrational differences … Look at my profile to see where I should fall in the Genarational grouping!

Tracey Harriot
    Participant

I feel as though the newspaper alone would throw it off. I don’t remember seeing how that was weighted, but that seems like it may be a significant one!

I scored a 60. Fun!

Carol Davison
    Participant

In regard to the religous question, please pray for Steve who is only 30.

Jeff S
    Participant

Scored 76

Ami Wazlawik
    Participant

I scored an 86, but I think some of the questions are silly. Tattoos, piercings, and Facebook profiles do not a millennial make.

Jaime Gracia
    Participant

Must have been born in another era, as I scored a 10.

Jaime Gracia
    Participant

I was a 10. Ha!

Samuel Lovett
    Participant

leaves some room for improvement

If you want a higher score, try a tatoo, body piercing, play video games, and be a liberal without religious affliation.

Santiago Hernandez
    Participant

I scored a 58. Not sure if that’s good or bad.

Michael Stevens
    Participant

45… Gen X in the house!

Great find Allison!

Tracey Harriot
    Participant

If you want the highest score like me, you don’t even need all of those things! LOL (Although I had 3/5 of those…) hmmm…..

But I agree with Ami’s comment above. I disagree that tattoos and piercings make a person more “millenial.”

Clearly this survey/topic is fasinating to me… I usually read without really commenting. haha 🙂

Stephanie Prophet
    Participant

My score was a whopping 95 andi was born in 1970

[email protected]
    Participant

94 for me – right on the edge of ‘technically’ being a millenial (born 1981). at least i justified myself one way or the other! 🙂

Mary Yang
    Participant

30?? I know you. How is that possible?

Mary Yang
    Participant

92!? I didn’t think I was *that* much of a millennial. I have a landline…but maybe it’s because I send 10+ texts a day?

Santiago Hernandez
    Participant

You must text a lot then! LOL

Tracey Harriot
    Participant

I do! Although still in the 10-49 range. I wonder if I would have gotten a 100 if I clicked 50+!

I got a 76. Although I agree that this list is kinda stero-type-ey. Still fun, though!

Terrence Hill
    Participant

Drat! I only got a 16! I guess I’ll have to get a tatoo, pierce something, and start playing video games. Too bad there isn’t a quiz to see how much of a baby boomer I am!

Debra Yamanaka
    Participant

I scored, to my shock, a 75. Technically I’m an X’er on the boomer cusp. This *may* explain why I’m often a generational ‘interpreter.”

Samantha McFarland
    Participant

Well, I scored exactly one point above my generation. Not surprised. I have kids who text 100s of times a day. They don’t have land line telephones and play lots of video games. Interesting quiz – now it needs to be followed up with how to integrate this younger generation into our workplace.

Charlotte
    Participant

I scored a 72 and am 50. But I text alot, I do have a land line, but mainly use my cell phone and I have a facebook account. I would have watched more TV yesterday, but my son had a football game last night – I went to it.

Susan Harriet Baker
    Participant

Ha … I’m a sweet 16 … [grin]

Do I think these questions are good indicators of the “Millennials”? I think there are some charge-targeted questions (prejudicial) that peg someone as NOT-millennial or millennial. I guess that’s what a survey does, but doesn’t mean it’s accurate; because it is so obviously constructed it manipulates the responses.

I’d bet if you presented the survey to different markets (creative arts/health/construction/services/public sector/etc.) the skew would be revealed and the inaccuracy of results would nullify usefulness of any info.

It was fun, though.

And, fine, I’m a crotchety boomer.

Sabra Brown
    Participant

I got a score of 94 but that is because I read several newspapers everyday as part of my job and don’t like playing video games (never have, never will, just not my “thing”). Personally, I think the “read a newspaper” one threw it off because I know many Millennials who read an actual hardcopy (not online) newspaper daily. Everything else is pretty accurate.

Marie Koko
    Participant

I got a 43 — solidly Gen X which is what I am since I was born in the late 60s.

Santiago Hernandez
    Participant

Only time will tell! I am not much of texter since I am always on the road; do a lot of phone calling when I am on the road.

Stephen Owens
    Participant

I’m sure the validity wouldn’t pass Stanford approval, but it’s an interesting measure. I was 76…Guess I need a tatoo.

Josh Heard
    Participant

I got a 97 but then again I’m 27 years old. I text, I play video games, and have no “landline” (is that like a payphone?!). On the other hand, I read the paper daily (online), I don’t watch TV, I’m conservative. I love the concept even though it is a bit stereotype-y. I’d love to see a bit more of a scientific approach to the topic, differentiating between the norms and the attitudes of a millenial (I don’t think I would fit much) vs. the tools of the millenial (I adhere to greatly).

Josh

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I know – tattoo killed me as well

Emily Landsman
    Participant

Your Millennial score is 43!

Leave me alone with my land line….

Hope OKeeffe
    Participant

I scored 92. I turn 55 on Sunday. pffpt.

Susan Harriet Baker
    Participant

Terry—swiped your button art. Thanks!

David Dejewski
    Participant

62 here – which is apparently 29 over par for me. 19th hole, here I come.

Ken Barnes
    Participant

Scored 86, I’m 36 in times around the Sun.

P. Kirk Smith
    Participant

I scored a 70. Since I was born in 1958 and my kids act like I’m an old fogey already, I think this will be a good retort when they try that line again! I text, tat, and no landline, so I guess that gave me an edge. I gave up the landline because I traveled so much and it seemed like a waste of money.

Melia Polynice
    Participant

I also got a 96. I think it’s all the texting. I don’t watch TV or play video games

Kitty Wooley
    Participant

I got a 49. Interesting!

Robert Robinson
    Participant

I scored a 83!! Not bad for an old fossil like myself (born in 1956).

Henry Brown
    Participant

Kinda followed the responses from the members of Govloop,…

Idle curosity Wonder if one was to pick ~50 people at random if the reported scores would more closely match what Pew Research Center described/expected vs 50 members of Govloop?

Joe Williams
    Participant

52 (born in 1963). It must be the tattoos and piercings I’ve avoided….

Peter Sperry
    Participant

So is being “Millenial” positive, negative or nuetral? I tend to be a little skeptical of any label at least partially defined by the number of body piercings.

James Miceli
    Participant

dude I am 54… fail.

Audrie Woody
    Participant

I scored an 86. I suprised myself.

Ricky J. Harris
    Participant

I got a 68. I thought mine would be much lower because I was raised by my “silent generation” grandparents.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.