Millennial Monday: Where do you get your election news?

Home Forums Miscellaneous Millennial Monday: Where do you get your election news?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Krzmarzick 6 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

Allison Primack
    Participant

Last week, Comedy Central and TRU Insights released the results of a survey they recently conducted on the political habits of MIllennials. One of the questions asked Millennials what sources they got their election news from. The results were as follows:

• 68% Network News
    • 58% Online Aggregator (Yahoo!, Google)
    • 56% Cable News
    • 52% Facebook or Twitter
    • 50% Political Satire Shows (The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Weekend Update)
    • 50% News Website
    • 44% Newspaper
    • 37% Late Night Talk (The Tonight Show, Late Night)

Do these results surprise you?

Where do you get your election news?

To see the rest of the report, click here.

—–

Millennial Monday is a series by Young Government Leaders (YGL) that discusses leadership, management, and skills needed for the next generation of public servants. To get involved in YGL or learn more, please follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, join us on LinkedIn, and/or check out our website!

Aggregator or Online News site for me…

Audrey Hudak
    Participant

Online news outlets such as NPR, CNN, and to diversify sometimes FOX. I want to be able to read and process the information myself.

Samuel Lovett
    Participant

News websites and their newsletters (National Journal), newspapers (WaPo and Politico), and smartphone apps (Slate, CNN)

Pamela M. Gerald
    Participant

CNN and the local news.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.