December 21, 2011 at 9:05 pm #148060
Mission Essential Personnel is currently accepting applications for a Country Program Manager. The Country Program Manager is to manage a small team dispersed in a deployed environment, with multiple customers internationally. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver required projects according to the contract.
The Program Manager supervises the provision of billeting, life support, movement, personnel administration, movement and logistics. This position is located in Kabul, Afghanistan.
• Manage an in-country team of analysts, desk officers, advisors and technical support personnel.
• Develop lower-level project plans and associated communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
• Coordinate with project leadership on an ongoing basis.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Prepare plans to meet project timelines and milestones.
• Prepare progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation.
• Analyze status reports and develop plans to mitigate issues and risks
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and influence them to take positive action and
accountability for their actions.
• Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
• Current active SECRET Clearance
• Experience in contingency operations and deployed environments
• Familiar with Afghan and international Media
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10 years direct work experience in project or program management
• Understanding of cultural sensitivities.
• Understand the military chain-of-command.
• Understanding and working knowledge of current Internet technologies
• Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Desired Skills and Knowledge Areas:
• Applicable Professional certification (e.g. APR, PMP, ABC, Navy 165X, etc)
• Master’s Degree in journalism, broadcasting, Public Affairs, or communications.
• Basic knowledge of Dari and Pashto is highly desirable.
• 15 years direct work experience in a project management or senior corporate leadership including development and
• Working knowledge of DVIDS, V-Brick and UIS systems.
To learn more, and to apply for this position, please click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.