September 2, 2011 at 8:46 pm #140528
The Proposal Coordinator is responsible for providing day-to-day coordination of the proposal process, including control and supervision of all aspects of the proposal production effort. The coordinator is the principal point of contact between the proposal team and the production team. The Proposal Coordinator is assigned as soon as the procurement becomes sufficiently defined – just following Draft RFP release and no later than final RFP release (sometimes starting on a part-time basis but typically becoming full time, except for very small proposals).
The Proposal Coordinator maintains historical proposal and project data bases and project contact listings. Uses Virtual Proposal Center (VPC) to track and develop proposal responses under the direction and in support of assigned proposal managers. The Proposal Coordinator is responsible for the timely coordination and delivery of a proposal to a customer or agency in accordance with the requirements of the solicitation, or as directed.
The Coordinator reports directly to and receives instruction from the Proposal Manager, but interacts with the entire proposal team. The proposal writers deal directly with the Proposal Coordinator, who acts as their interface with the production team.
• Coordinate the production services (word processing, graphics, editing, proofreading, reproduction, collation, binding, and delivery) in support of the proposal
• Work as single point of contact between the proposal team and production team
• Assist Proposal Manager in maintaining the proposal development schedule, configuration control, planning/control documents, and baselined outline
• Maintain a status record and master file for all text and graphics
• Manage and configuration-control the proposal “wall”
• Identify and help resolve major writing and production problems early
• Provide guidance and status reports on production matters
• Assist proposal team in preparing meaningful text and graphics
• Enforce editorial policies and guidelines specified for the proposal
• Manage the file server environment for proposal development.
•B.A or B.S in communications, journalism, marketing, political science, or international relations
•3-5 years related experience, or a combination of education and experience commensurate to meeting the position requirements
•Must have experience working on large, complex government proposal documents.
•Must be able to read, write, and speak English. Ability to read and interpret technical procedures, or government regulations
•Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one on one and small group situations.
•Must be able to write clearly and informatively; edit work for spelling and grammar
•Must have excellent organization skills
•Must be able to handle confidential information with discretion
•Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding work environment
•Must have valid driver’s license
•Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite i.e. Word, Excel, Project. Familiarity with Photoshop, Freehand or Illustrator, In Design, Adobe Aftereffects, Kai’s, and Power Tools desired.
•Security Clearance desired
To learn more, and to apply for this position, please click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.