August 10, 2011 at 7:35 pm #138083
Mission Essential Personnel is currently seeking an experienced Business Development (BD) Manager to focus on the training and technical service market segment of the federal government, to include but not limited to DoD, DHS, DoS, and USAID. The BD Manager will report directly to the Director, Training and Technical Services (TTS) Group. The individual will work to leverage MEP's capabilities in the TTS area to grow work through the federal government. In addition, the BD Manager will provide expertise and develop account plans; identify and qualify new business opportunities within the training and technical services markets; and assist in the development of innovative capture strategies and the preparation of winning proposals for key business opportunities.
• Ideal candidate shall have a deep understanding of and strong relationships within the federal government training and technical services market space.
• BD Manager shall formulate and execute business growth strategy and account plans for diversification of MEP’s TTS portfolio. This will be accomplished through identifying, capturing, and winning new work within the federal government that is aligned with TTSG.
• The BD Manager shall coordinate and administer the TTS BD pipeline across MEP and maintain this in Salesforce.
• The BD Manager is responsible for developing sufficient pipeline to achieve new booking goals by driving new TTS business opportunities through the Gate Review process into a competitive proposal environment.
• The BD Manager shall support MEP’s Capture Team, including developing and validating models for business partnerships and acquisitions.
• The BD Manager must be a self starter who can cite a history of competitive wins on key programs in the federal market sector. The ideal candidate will have proven experience and success marketing TTS to the federal government.
• Participation in proposal development to ensure critical strategic messages are embodied in the proposal and that the win strategy is evident in the final product to maximize probability of win.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strong communication skills needed to interface with high-level customer and industry representatives
• Strong business development and capture management skills
• Ability to publicly represent company with internal and external clients
• Minimum 5 years business development experience marketing and selling services to the Federal Government
• Prior military service desirable
• Demonstrated success in Business Development
To learn more, and to apply for this position, please click here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.