Most Talented Agencies

Home Forums Acquisitions Most Talented Agencies

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Tarryn Reddy 9 years ago.

• Author

Kevin Carter
    Participant

CNN.Money and Forbes recently released a list of the top companies admired most for their ability to attract and keep talented people. I thought it would be interesting to compile a similar list of those agencies you admire most for attracting and retaining the best and the brightest.

If the Federal government is to be a model employer, I think it’s worth looking at those agencies that recruit and retain the best and then asking “how do they do it?”

I tried to create a survey that would allow you to rank agencies, but I gave up, and instead will just encourage you to rank your top 5 choices in the comments section. I’ll compile a list in a week and publish the top results. To make it easier, you might want to check out the Partnership for Public Service’s Best Places to Work, which will give you a list of agencies from which you can work.

Here are my top 5:

1) FBI

2) Treasury Department

3) NASA

4) CIA

5) State Department

Tarryn Reddy
    Participant

At the PMF and Pathways event on Monday, GAO was mentioned several times for the success they have in retaining and recruiting. A lot of it having to do with having a presence on college campuses. Something to think about for other agencies.

Dick Davies
    Participant

DOD is the most trusted government agency

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

My favorite 5

-NIH & NSF (even though they are different I lump them together as both academic)

-GAO

-OMB

-EPA

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.