National Security Professional Development Program

Home Forums Leadership and Management National Security Professional Development Program

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Juan Jackson
    Participant

Established in May 2007 by Executive Order 13434, the National Security Professional Development (NSPD) program is a government-wide initiative to develop a cadre of National Security Professionals (NSP) who possess a broad understanding of our Nation’s national security objectives beyond their own agency’s missions, and the knowledge, skills, and experience necessary to lead and execute coordinated, effective national security operations.

Please go to the below links for more information on the program to include governance and recommended reading lists:

http://www.cpms.osd.mil/lpdd/NSPD/NSPD_index.aspx

https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/621943 (Must be DoD and requires registration)

FY10 NDAA recommended a study be completed by a non-partition organization to review each agency’s current progress and the way forward.

I currently work in the DoD NSPD branch. We are moving forward to create training and professional experience opportunities to enhance the needs of our NSPs.

I would appreciate any feedback on the NSPD program.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

On the website, I’d love to hear real-life first-person stories of people that have gone through the program and their experience. Where they were and where they are now.

Also, I think it would be great for members of the program to share what they are learning with others by blogging their experiences (perhaps at a place like GovLoop or elsewhere)

Juan Jackson
    Participant

Thanks for the input Steve & Max,

Great idea about adding real-life first-person stories of people. I think that will assist in promoting the program.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Your welcome Juan. Sounds like a great program. Maybe even some quick low-budget videos hearing people from the program talk about their experience. Could shoot with iPhone or Flip camera

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.