May 29, 2014 at 8:37 pm #182195
ASSISTANT COMPLIANCE OFFICER (Office of Inspector General)
Applications will be accepted through 06/10/2014.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Education or a directly related field, plus two years of professional work experience in the investigation or compliance monitoring of programs and processes, or an equivalent combination of training and experience provided that the minimum degree requirement is met.
NOTE: RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: All City employees must be actual residents of the City of Chicago. Proof of residency will be required at the time of employment.
NOTE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE INDIVIDUAL APPLYING. NO SECOND PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
• Under supervision, reviews and audits hiring actions to ensure compliance with the City of Chicago, Chicago Police Department and the Chicago Fire Department’s Hiring Plans, and all applicable local, state and federal laws.
• Assists in gathering, maintaining, and analyzing hiring-related data in order to identify, assess, and prioritize risks. Utilizes this risk assessment in the development of coordinated controls to prevent, detect, and mitigate the consequences of the assessed risks.
• Conducts in-person monitoring of City hiring sequences and, as necessary, coordinates oversight activities of City departments to ensure compliance with the various Hiring Plans.
• Prepares detailed, written analytical reports and memorandums as part of quarterly audits, compliance inquiries, and to inform City department heads of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
• Reviews hiring-related complaints and conducts inquiries when appropriate.
• Conducts interviews related to hiring-related inquires and compliance reviews.
• Assists OIG investigative staff on relevant OIG investigations.
• Interprets and explains relevant ordinances, policies, and guidelines and participates in the advisement and training of operating departments on new or modified relevant procedures and practices.
• Prepares narrative and statistical reports on assigned cases, and as required by the Hiring Plans.
• Collaborates and manages compliance initiatives and programs with operating departments and outside agencies.
• Performs related duties as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
• Proficient with IDEA.
• Must be detail-oriented.
• Must be discrete and capable of handling sensitive or confidential matters.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Strong work ethic and professionalism.
• Works well and collaborates with co-workers.
To apply for this job title do NOT use the City of Chicago online application.
Follow these seven steps:
1. Submit to e-mail address [email protected];
2. In the subject line, type in the job title for which you are applying;
3. Complete, save and attach the “Inspector General Employment Application;”
4. Attach your cover letter for this job title;
5. Attach your resume;
6. Attach a writing sample; and,
7. Attach your college and/or graduate school transcripts.
NOTE: To be considered for this position you must provide all the information listed above. If you fail to provide this information at the time you submit your application, your submission will be incomplete and you will not be considered for an interview. Application materials will only be accepted by e-mail at [email protected]. When there is more than one open position in which you are interested, you may apply for more than one title by submitting an individual e-mail for each title. Repeat instruction steps one through six with each e-mail.
THE CITY OF CHICAGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.