April 20, 2010 at 9:20 pm #98318
New Media Video Specialist
Are you looking to be a part of an international movement to foster global
communications and make a difference in the world? Are you looking for
a career that directly supports high ranking officials and have them
acknowledge your contributions on a regular basis? Well look no
further, this is the career for you:
The New Media Video Specialist will be responsible for capturing, editing, managing, and distributing the media of the project, a public diplomacy
program hosted by the client. The project provides live multimedia
webchats of U.S. experts from all over the world for a global audience.
The ideal candidate must be a creative, self-motivated individual with
strong videography and video editing skills and must be able to adhere
to a timeline and deliverables.
• Shooting events involving high ranking officials for web chats.
• Editing and Producing Webchats.
• Compositing Video for promotional materials.
• Archiving/Organizing Content to catalogue web chats.
• Technical Support of Web chats when needed.
• Use of graphic design experience to convert images.
• Moderating Media Channels (Youtube, Ustream, etc.)
• Proficiency with both Apple and PC machines is a must (Outlook, Word, Safari, etc.)
• Apple Final Cut Pro
• Apple Motion
• Professional-level skill set with Adobe products:
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe AfterEffects
• Adobe ConnectPro
• Adobe Flash (Specifically the back-end structure of .FLV and .SWF files)
• Adobe Acrobat
• The ability to quickly identify license-free content for re-use is another must.
• Demonstrable Speed – Ability to meet deadlines and “turn over” videos in short
time periods is a must.
• Thorough understanding of video codecs, conversion, and both video/image
file standards and practices.
• Deep understanding of post-production strategies, editing techniques, compositing images, and composition
• Knowledge of video cameras and how to videotape a live event or pre-recorded event
• Strong knowledge of video production tools (i.e., How to stream video over the internet).
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
• Must be eligible for a security clearance
• Willing to work flexible hours (some webcasts start at 5am due to international streams)
• Good understanding of compression standards for web-streaming/hosting (on sites like Youtube)
• Basic understanding of Adobe Flash, and Flash in general.
• Good understanding of copyright laws, intellectual property, and fair use.
• Great interpersonal and communication skills.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.