May 3, 2011 at 6:28 pm #129621
The Sr. Analyst/ Independent Referencer is responsible for the final review of audit and evaluation reports to ensure that they are properly cross-referenced and indexed, that all information is supported by the project documentation and working papers, and that the evidence included is accurate, sufficient, reasonable, and error-free.
Specifically, the Senior A/IR:
1) Conducts independent reviews of OIG reports to support the quality control process by:
a) Tracing each statement of fact, number, date, proper name, title or quotation (in text, tables and figures) in a report back to the supporting documentation to verify that they are accurately reported;
b) Verifying that calculations are correct, including formulas used in the reports;
c) Checking for consistency in the use of names, abbreviations, acronyms, and headings in reports;
d) Ensuring that adequate evidence is present to support the report findings, conclusions, and recommendations and that the conclusions flow logically from the supporting information
2) Works with the respective OIG unit to reconcile any outstanding issues to ensure they are fully addressed and resolved prior to final approval of a report
3) Ensures the quality review process supports the OIG goal of producing high-quality reports and makes recommendations for enhancements to incorporate best practices of the accountability community
The ideal candidate should possess:
1) A minimum of 5 years experience conducting performance audits using Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS)
2) Profound understanding of and ability to appropriately apply GAGAS and other audit procedures and policies to ensure high-quality reports is required
3) Extensive experience in the accountability community, particularly an Office of the Inspector General or the Government Accountability Office, strongly preferred
4) Bachelor’s degree, in auditing, or in a discipline related to program and/or operational analysis, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training; Master’s degree preferred
5) Excellent editing skills, and overall strong written and verbal communication skills
6) Solid analytical, reasoning, and negotiation skills
7) Pre-employment physical and drug screen are required as well as successfully passing a background investigation.
8) You will be required to travel occasionally.
e-Mail a resume to: [email protected]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.