February 22, 2011 at 4:01 pm #123707
Renowned Washington, D.C.-based transportation company seeks a seasoned addition to its team.
The Lead Evaluator will work in Inspections and Evaluations unit and leads multi-disciplined teams in conducting performance audits and evaluations in compliance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS). These audits and evaluations address the effectiveness and efficiency of programs and operations.
Specifically, the Lead Evaluator:
1) Manages resources and staff and actively supports strategic and tactical efforts in the areas of employee development, training, and planning
2) Plans new engagements and proposals that support the OIG Strategic Plan
3) Develops audit or evaluation objectives, defining pathways for findings and recommendations
4) In a team environment, supervises the collection and analysis of all data, ensuring that it is adequate, relevant, competent, properly documented, and reviewed in project work papers
5) Documents supportable findings which effectively influence process improvement, cost containment, and recoveries
6) Writes reports, fact sheets, briefs, etc.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, or other field related to program and/or operational analysis; Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years experience performing evaluations or performance audits in compliance with GAGAS
- Proven success in building, developing, evaluating, and leading teams
- Experience in the accountability community preferred, particularly an Office of Inspector General or the Government Accountability Office
- Knowledge/Experience in transportation operations, passenger rail, or related businesses preferred
- Deep understanding of and ability to appropriately apply GAGAS and other audit procedures and policies
- Proven ability to work across departments/areas of the business
- Competent project management skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills; strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
1) For this position, no relocation benefits are offered at present.
2) A pre-employment physical and drug screen is required.
3) A pre-employment background security investigation is required.
4) Occasional travel is required.
A Rewarding Work Environment:
In addition to a generous base salary, benefits include:
• a fun and friendly working environment
• solid career growth potential
• medical/dental/life insurance
• flexible spending accounts for dependent care/health care/commuter reimbursement
• a 401(k)
• paid vacations/holidays/sick leave
• tuition reimbursement
Interested in being considered for this position? Know someone who may be interested? Know someone who may be a fit? Send your resume to me at [email protected], or share this posting with your contact (much obliged).
Equal Opportunity Employer
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.