Open Gov? Is the White House Really Open?

Home Forums Citizen Engagement & Customer Service Open Gov? Is the White House Really Open?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Candace Riddle 6 years ago.

• Author

Candace Riddle
    Participant

I was just cruising around Whitehouse.gov. I found a lot of information about current issues and the administration. However, what I did not find was contact information for the various committees who were dealing with the listed issues.

Yes, there was an email form if you had “positive” stories to submit about healthcare reform….but what if you wanted to voice a concern or a need for future changes?

I’m a Gov 2.0 guru, so I linked out to the White House’s Facebook page. I was actually surprised to see that the White House Facebook page does not allow someone to leave comments. Essentially there are really no feeds on the page, just links back to whitehouse.gov. I found this very surprising given that the U.S. Department of State allows comments, and constantly has new information posting to their Facebook page.

So, BRAVO Department of State….but White House….are you really open?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.