Open Source Learning = Free Training. What possibities do you see?

Home Forums Technology Open Source Learning = Free Training. What possibities do you see?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Ken Boxer 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Ken Boxer
    Participant

Being in the coaching, consulting, and training industry I have am well aware that training is critical. We all know that. But budgets for training programs are tricky. Sometimes we have them and sometimes we don’t. But no matter how much funding is available to us, much of our success rides on how well others know how to do their jobs — so we are forced to be creative. Or maybe there are options? Whether you are working with a dispersed staff or a group of volunteers, there is now a way for you to get training to a greater of number of people at no additional cost.

I was recently introduced to NTER. NTER is a next generation learning site — a place where you learn from the expertise of others, from the discussions of your peers, and from the latest technologies in education and training design and delivery, like 3-D simulations, mobile applications, and peer review. Like other mainstream social media sites, NTER is free to use. This online learning site makes the latest learning tools available to anyone who has something to offer from an education perspective. If you have a lesson to share, NTER gives you the tools to build a course around that lesson. And for students, the opportunities are endless.

I am curious to know how (if at all) you would use this platform?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.