Open Thread – Share a Tip from Government Web Conference

Home Forums Acquisitions Open Thread – Share a Tip from Government Web Conference

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Burns 8 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I know a bunch of GovLoopers are at the Web Managers Government Web Conference.

As such, I’ve started this open thread. Share a tip you are learning. Share a story. Photo

Share anything 🙂

Scott Burns
    Participant

Jeffrey Levy (EPA): You cannot serve everyone and need to get Web 1.0 correct… example, what are the top tasks people are trying to accomplish on your website?

Todd Park (CTO HHS): Sharing data is easy, but marketing it is hard.

Scott Horvath (USGS): Consolidated USGS Facebook ambassadors program into main USGS page and let all experts / ambassadors be admins after lots of trial and error.

Scott Burns
    Participant

Jill James from NARA: Very passionate about use of FoureSquare and opportunity in government. Lots of opportunities, but only a few people even checked in at this large conference. This is very cutting edge and will take time to figure out in government, but the innovation will likely happen in local gov (my view not Jill).

Nicole Burton (GSA) ([email protected]): The leader in usability across federal government shared First Friday process at GSA that is an efficient and accessible way for agencies to get their sites usability tested. GovDelivery used this for http://notifications.usa.gov and it was a really awesome process.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Love the quote from Todd – Sharing data is easy but marketing it is hard

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I liked this one –
    is what makes you looks smart, not being obscure and technical.

I’ll post some of the presentations once they are up next week

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.