June 21, 2013 at 5:32 pm #179196
The Arizona Lottery is a sales oriented, governmental enterprise established through citizen initiative and public vote. Since 1981 its mission has remained constant; generating revenue for education, health & public welfare, economic & business development, and the environment. Through a state wide network of 2,800 retail partners, the Lottery sells a wide variety of games of chance to entertain players and to raise funds for beneficiaries. Led by a Governor appointed Commission and Executive Director, Lottery products compete with other entertainment and cons11mer products for the discretionary income of the Arizona consumer.
The Arizona Lottery is seeking a highly qualified executive with strong management skills to serve as Director of Operations. The Director of Operations, reporting directly to the Executive Director, and in conjunction with the Leadership Team, develops the Lottery’s strategic plan and ensures that the Lottery’s business outcomes, policies and imperatives are planned, executed and accomplished. Through subordinate managers, the Director oversees the functions of five divisions: Operations, Security and Investigations, Licensing, Customer Service, and Facilities. As a member of the
Leadership Team, the Director of Operations will be responsible for setting administrative policies and
procedures which impact the entire agency.
The Director of Operations oversees the Lottery’s day to day operations ensuring the Lottery runs effectively and is accountable for shaping and managing complex situations. The Director serves as executive sponsor for cross-departmental projects and planning. The position communicates the Lottery’s strategies so that all team members, vendors, retailers and contractors understand the Lottery’s strategic plans and goals. The Director monitors employee relations, striving for high employee morale and productivity, conflict resolution and team building.
The Director of Operations has primary responsibility to supervise security and investigations, including the administration and implementation of programs specific to detecting and preventing criminal activity threatening Lottery integrity. This position supervises the Lottery’s Security Officer appointed under A.R.S. §5-560.
This position may represent the Executive Director before legislative committees, administrative bodies, the Lottery Commission, other governmental officials, Lottery regional and national conferences, and community groups.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related field.
• A minimum of 5 years diverse business experience in leading major initiatives or business operations.
• Proven knowledge of how to get things done in a complex organization with a track record of increasing leadership responsibility and sound, timely decisions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including oral presentation.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Knowledge and experience in strategic planning including facilitating and leading successful outcomes that are mutually satisfactory to all stakeholders.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply federal and state laws, Lottery rules & policies.
• A proven leader in building a partnership between all team members, organizing and motivating them to work together, build consensus, develop trust and cooperation.
• Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of the importance of security in operations.
• A Masters of Business Administration in business, finance or a related field.
• AZPost or similar certification as a certified peace officer
• Reserve or retired status as a Commissioned Officer in United States Armed Forces.
• Experience working with in a law enforcement, security and /or military environment with knowledge of basic and complex investigations practices.
• Knowledge of the lottery industry and lottery security methodology.
• Previous experience working in lottery-related industries.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply on-line at http://www.azstatejobs.gov. All newly hired employees are subject to the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE: Includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, deferred compensation, ten state holidays, sick pay and vacation policies. All state of Arizona employees participate in the Arizona State Retirement Systems (ASRS) – one of the top pension plans in the country.
The Arizona Lottery is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Reasonable Accommodation Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Arizona Lottery will make reasonable accommodation(s) during any and all phases of the selection process for individuals with a disability. Persons with a disability may request an accommodation by calling (480) 921-4476. Requests should be made as early as feasible to allow sufficient lead time to arrange the accommodation(s).
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.