Paying for Ning Services - In Advance

Home Forums Budgeting Paying for Ning Services - In Advance

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Tam Walton
    Participant

Good afternoon,

I run a Ning site for work and because of the new requirement that most sites pay, I sent off an invoice to my procurement group. I'm being told that the gov cannot pay for 'future' services. This will impact a lot of work and over 200 members. Any advice from those in the government procurement game?

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I know Ning is working on this and working on GSA schedule.

The person to reach is Peter Slutsky at Ning - he is the govt POC - "Peter Slutsky" ,

I'd also wonder if that is really true. Usually you pay for software licenses ahead of time - not after used them the whole year. I don't think any different than buying Adobe, MS, or other software packages.

What's the Ning site for work?

Tam Walton
    Participant

We have site called the National Cancer Institute Translational Research Interactive Network or NTRIN for short. It's a closed site targeted at young and experienced researchers to discuss the latest in cancer. We closed it to provide a sense of security in case discussions arose that have not been published.

I'll get in touch with Peter.

Tricia
    Participant

I had one as well - ended up terminating the group. Times are tough with our budget. Good luck to you!

Tam Walton
    Participant

Ouch! We have the funds, we just keep getting tripped up in bureaucracy. We have over 200 participants who are doing fantastic work and I would hate to see that go up in smoke. I'm really heartbroken over this.

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

Call Peter...he'll hook it up. He's awesome. When there's a will, theres a way

Tam Walton
    Participant

I just left him a message. And just prayed.

Peter Slutsky
    Participant

Hey guys! Tam - shoot me an email - [email protected] - let's see what we can setup. We might be able to bill you in arrears, so in the future for services already rendered. Thanks for the intro, Mr. Awesome Govloop!

Tam Walton
    Participant

Sending note now!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.