August 7, 2009 at 3:52 pm #77394
The 3-1-1 Contact Center Operations Manager will enhance the 3-1-1 Contact Center customer experience through process improvements in a fast, effective, and focused manner. Primary emphasis centers on call handling methods and procedures targeted to improve the customer experience and drive the desired organizational outcome(s). Identify opportunities to leverage technology and service customers through alternative channels (e.g. e-mail, customer self-service). Measure and manage channel performance according to internal service level agreements with City of Philadelphia departments. Continually identify improvement and innovation opportunities with a data-driven, test-and-learn approach. Partner with internal and external leaders, call center operations, and peers to identify opportunities, drive change, and act on customer feedback.
• Direct, through subordinate supervisors, the activities of a 311 contact center to address all non-emergency requests for information, service, etc. from the citizens of Philadelphia.
• Utilize subject matter expertise, root cause analysis and business relationships to drive continuous improvement in call center customer service.
• Lead new initiatives to improve customer service quality. Identify trends and lead improvement programs.
• Identify technology and self-service opportunities to improve the customer experience and leverage alternative channels (e.g. e-mail, customer self-service).
• Establish operations “best practices” within the organization and work with peers to embed these practices within the organization.
• Manage relationships with stakeholders, establishing and reviewing service level agreements and performance scorecards, as well as continuously aligning customer service priorities with the organizational priorities.
• Develop organizational customer service policies and procedures.
• Regularly monitor calls and other customer service contacts to identify and propose business-level strategic improvement opportunities.
• Operate department-wide to coordinate resource management, training, workforce planning, facility utilization and human resources issues.
Applicants should possess the below experience and credentials:
• Completion of a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university.
• 5 or more years leadership experience in a customer-focused environment. Leadership experience in a call center strongly preferred.
• Successful career progression with a history of increasing levels of responsibility. Demonstrated track record of a data-driven approach to problem identification and decision making.
• Strong communication and leadership skills.
• Highly skilled in problem solving and analysis, conveys innovative ideas and can communicate complex theories and issues to senior levels of management.
• Project management skills and a demonstrated track record of initiating significant organizational process improvements and organizational change with bottom line success.
• Proven change management skills.
Please note that when hired, the successful applicant must establish residency in the City of Philadelphia within six months of appointment. Those interested should send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via-email. There will be continuous recruiting until position is filled. Please email materials to [email protected].
The City of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class. EOE M/F/D/V
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.