February 11, 2011 at 5:18 pm #122900
Acquisitions and Inventory Management Strategic Partner
National Institutes of Health (NIH) / Dept of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
Full-Time Position Available
This position in conjunction with the Branch Chief, Intramural Administrative Management Branch (IAMB), plans, coordinates and manages the activities of the Acquisition and Inventory Sections within the IAMB/Division of Intramural Research (DIR) / National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI)/ National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD.
Salary Range: Up to $80,000 / year based on experience and/or education
• 3 – 5 years of Supervisory or Managerial experience or Equivalent Graduate level education
• Interest in acquisition and/or inventory management fields
• Dynamic personality with a high level of interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively and persuasively with all levels of an organization
• Excellent written skills
• Skill in querying data and applying both analytical and evaluative methods and techniques for a wide range of procurement and inventory issues to determine the overall effectiveness of the program
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize complex tasks
• Ability to manage and coordinate simultaneously high-priority short and long term projects and studies
• Acts as a ‘Special Advisor’ to the Branch Chief and Deputy Branch Chief on all procurement and acquisition activities within the Division.
• Plans, coordinates and provides technical oversight of the day-to-day activities
• Fully utilizes various software applications to perform data queries and analysis and make recommendations based on analysis
• Develops IT Systems to enhance business processes
• Assists/Prepares Statements of Work in conjunction with scientific staff to procure goods and services under multi-year contracts.
• Develops methods to enhance the quality, effectiveness, and responsiveness of the procurement and inventory activities delivered to the scientists of the DIR.
• Fosters close relationships with DIR faculty to assess the acquisition climate to ensure all acquisitions are in full compliance with regulations and are also being procured efficiently.
• Develops standard operating procedures for procurement and inventory administration to ensure processes are transparent and efficient.
Please submit resume/CV to Ina Broadnax ([email protected]) or call 301-451-0892 for more information.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.