Political Contributions

Home Forums Acquisitions Political Contributions

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Steve Ressler 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Should Federal Contractors have to reveal their political contributions in RFP responses as part of FAR?

Steve Ressler
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t think so – doesn’t seem relevant to the RFP

Peter G. Tuttle
    Participant

Absolutely not. The acquisition process can be “political” enough as it is without factoring in who a Contractor, or its officers and employees, donate to. This is pure….well, never mind. Cheers and have a great week.

Keith Moore
    Participant

For large prime contractors, this may be viable. Study the current SBA Jobs Act. This suggestion could be considered during the formal input process that is currently going on with SBA. Please advise if you need a contact.

Peter G. Tuttle
    Participant

Amen Doug. Well stated. Performance and not political leaning is the key. Pete

Charles A. Ray
    Participant

If we’re to have a system that is credible, political contributions should be included.

Peter Sperry
    Participant

I think the goal is more to identify which contractors will be rewarded or punished. It would be somewhat naive not to recognize that contrators who show list major contributions to the “wrong” political causes will recieve far less government business than those who support the “correct” political causes. If this goes through, will the next iteration include requiring applicants for career positions or for promotions within the career civil service to reveal their past political activities and contributions so the right people can be rewarded ant the wrong ones excluded?

Sterling Whitehead
    Participant

I oppose this for a different reason than others — it’s simply another piece of work that probably won’t be value-added. However, I really don’t believe that showing political contributions will dramatically undermine the procurement process.

However, if you want government contractors to show their political contributions, fine. But don’t have political contributions considered in the RFP because it is simply another piece of work. And this is coming from a big transparency advocate.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.